Value of P.O. Ackley rifle ? | Carolina Shooters Club

Value of P.O. Ackley rifle ?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by tom goodman, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:07 PM.

1. tom goodman

tom goodman Registered Member

In the late 70 's I sent P.O Ackley a Paul Jaeger custom '98 mauser with a shot out barrel which I had bought
    for very little . I had wanted him to rebore it , in part to save the Jaeger markings on the barrel and have a
    famous gunsmith work his magic ,best of both . In an unexplained screw up he removed my Jaeger barrel and
    replaced it with a new one marked P.O Ackley ,6 mm rem.[he did get the caliber request right ] So now I have
    what I know to be a custom Paul Jaeger rifle with beautiful stock work ,double set triggers but no markings
    to show he made it . But it DOES have P.O. Ackley on the barrel. Mr Ackley felt bad about the screw up and
    would not accept any payment , which was a nice gesture . Rifle shoots fantastic ,any thoughts on value ?

cocopuff likes this.
  2. DickFord

DickFord Registered Member

Can we see it?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

3. tom goodman

I am a new member and I have tried multiple times to post photos with no success .Would be glad to post some photos ,perhaps you can give me some pointers
    I have photos stored in my desktop computer and in the past I could bring them up to this website and tried to attach to the ''tread'' ,with no luck ! I am
    about sure I am not pushing the right button and it's all a bit maddening for and old far=

4. tom goodman

5. tom goodman

6. tom goodman

7. popbear

popbear Registered Member

How does it shoot? I don't know if your plans or to keep it or move it along. If you plan on selling or trading it as a nice shooter, please send me a pm. Thanks