Vet dies 500 yards from help | Carolina Shooters Club

Vet dies 500 yards from help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by jcs3876, Jul 3, 2014.

1. jcs3876

jcs3876 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

2. blackspike2710

blackspike2710 Registered Member

Don't worry, Obama will make sure the bill gets to the right insurance company, eventuality, maybe.

3. jcs3876

jcs3876 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

If he doesn't lose their email address first.

4. Wheelgun_Man

Wheelgun_Man Member

"Officials at the hospital said it took a half an hour for the ambulance to be dispatched and take the man from one building to the other, which is about a five minute walk.
    VA spokeswoman Sonja Brown said Kirtland Air Force Medical Group personnel performed CPR until the ambulance arrived.
    She says staff followed policy in calling 911 when the man collapsed on Monday. "Our policy is under expedited review," Brown said.

Very sad regardless. If they were doing CPR, I presume that the man could not have been moved without more equipment. However, couldn't someone have run to the other building, retrieved a gurney and other help, and returned to transport the man without the ambulance? Obviously, I wasn't there, and I haven't seen the policy.

A very wise colleague of mine once said to be very careful when writing policies, because they are much like the sword when it comes to living and dying by one.

5. gjm4l

gjm4l peasant pennies advocate Lifetime Member

Common sense is DEAD.....