Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any prohibitions against being armed in a voting location, assuming the location isn't off limits to guns in the regular course of business (like universities)?

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
My polling station is a church. Theyre not OL are they? Pretty sure theyre not.

My wife would shit a brick if I OC'd at the polling station.

·
Banned
8,282 Posts
South Carolina prohibits carrying concealed weapons with a permit into polling places on election days. Most polling places around here are in churches or schools, so it's double illegal.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Couldn't find anything to prohibit it, so I concealed and voted.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Early voting rocks. I was in and out in 15min.

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Went to vote this a.m. after hunting, around 10:00. About 60-70 folks in line and no where to park. Going back in about 1 hr to try again before hunting. And yes, I will be carrying. As an added bonus, I am wearing camo...

·
Banned
389 Posts
You cant vote and carry in SC ever, No matter where. Another poster did say double illegal which is kind of right. Never for voting and never for schools. Churches are only off limits in SC during voting if voting is taking place at the church. In SC church carry laws say with expressed permissions from whomever runs or manages the church BUT SC Constitution clearly nullifies that. In the SC Blue Laws, Church carry is perfectly legal.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Went to vote this a.m. after hunting, around 10:00. About 60-70 folks in line and no where to park. Going back in about 1 hr to try again before hunting. And yes, I will be carrying. As an added bonus, I am wearing camo...
You should wear an Obama pin and confuse the hell out of everyone.
Reminds me of when I went to the Whole Foods in Raleigh with my wife a few years ago. I had on a camo shirt, and got lots of dirty looks from people. I didn't notice until near the end of the trip, and said something to her. She said, "Well, it's your shirt!" Took her a minute to figure it out, but she was faster than me :) I'm thinking, these people are not thinking :) There is a BUTCHER section in the back. Where the hell do they think meat comes from? After all, they're in there buying it... We usually go to the Cary store, where I have no problems. When we next went back to the Raleigh store, I said, "Wait a minute. I've got to change shirts." :sp

·
Banned
8,282 Posts
You cant vote and carry in SC ever, No matter where. Another poster did say double illegal which is kind of right. Never for voting and never for schools. Churches are only off limits in SC during voting if voting is taking place at the church. In SC church carry laws say with expressed permissions from whomever runs or manages the church BUT SC Constitution clearly nullifies that. In the SC Blue Laws, Church carry is perfectly legal.
How do the Blue Laws supersede the State Laws that govern Concealed Carry which specifically state:

M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:

(4) polling place on election days;

(9) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body;

http://www.sled.sc.gov/SCStateGunLaws1.aspx?MenuID=CWP

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
A repeat of my post in the OT section: one advantage to early voting in NC is that you can choose any open place, it isn't your normal poll place. If your normal place is a school, you can early vote somewhere else and carry.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reminds me of when I went to the Whole Foods in Raleigh with my wife a few years ago. I had on a camo shirt, and got lots of dirty looks from people. I didn't notice until near the end of the trip, and said something to her. She said, "Well, it's your shirt!" Took her a minute to figure it out, but she was faster than me :) I'm thinking, these people are not thinking :) There is a BUTCHER section in the back. Where the hell do they think meat comes from? After all, they're in there buying it... We usually go to the Cary store, where I have no problems. When we next went back to the Raleigh store, I said, "Wait a minute. I've got to change shirts." :sp
LOL. I should open carry in the Raleigh Whole Foods. I'm sure they will post the place right after that, if it's not already.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.