Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
down town, The woman asked if she coud pay part of the bill with some old guns. Naturaly I wanted to take a look. Her husband had died about ten years ago and she wanted them gone. She owed us 2500, she gave us, a single shot stevens, a .22 bolt gun another .22 with a heavey barrel and stock, four japanese WWI rifles with bayonetts and scabords, three M14 looking bolt guns, 1 percusion cap pistol and 2 percusion cap rifles both apear early 1800s, a samuri sword, 4 old smiths, one being a 1917 45, an older .22 and 1 .38, an old sharps looking trap door, 2 remington ball and cap pistols, a WWII Lugar, a WWI .45 and a WWII .45, some 303s and some older Colt revolvers. I can't wait to post the pics but it may be a day or two. I will sell most of the rifles and at least the old Colt .22 target pistol, it actualy has a target on the side of the barrel. The guns were down stairs under the house and some of them are in pretty rough shape, but a few are almost perfect.

·
'Murica! eh?
7,479 Posts
Nice score - I always tell people I accept cash, checks, guns or ammo as payment but nobody has taken me up yet.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
Sounds like you got the better end of the deal.
Some times you walk into stuff but I hope you said that you would help her down the road and do other stuff for free or sell a few and get her some money.
Don't want to sound bad but I keep thinking about stuff like this as I do people like I would want them to treat my wife or mom and dad....

Sounds like you may could have 3500-4000 worth of guns, it would be cool if you sold, or traded some or did something real nice for her later in the year or look after her to see if she needs anything.

I'm not walking in your shoes so as I do no want to come across like I'm busting your chops.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Peaked my interest

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Love "horse trading" and seems you did very well. Hope your money is well used and you can help her a bit. Sounds like she could use some help. Am interested in another 303 when you get ready to sell. Please PM, thanks.

·
Banned
8,282 Posts
Tagged for pics. I am not too far from Charleston and have relatives there. If I go "visit" them I could swing by and check out some of what you're selling if what I'm interested in looks good.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.