Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That Westbrook "church" crowd is going to protest a soldier's funeral this Saturday. Sure would like to see lots from here to support the family and keep those scum from interfering with the funeral. My son left Khost two days before her death and it was his third deployment also. Hope many can make it there. Details in the link below. My nephew lives near Raeford so will arrange a rally point for us to meet. PM or call 704-221-1495. I have about a half dozen 3'X5' American flags for us. If you have some please bring them.

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/westboro-protest-in-nc.35215/

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting SGT Donna Johnson's funeral at 10:15am Saturday Oct 13th at the Raeford Presbyterian Church, 128 Edinborogh Ave Raeford NC 28376. If you live close, please go & help the volunteers stand in line between WBC & the family. If you don't, please repost so others will know about it.

SGT Johnson was killed in Khost, Afghanistan on Oct 1st by a suicide bomber. She has served our nation for 6 yrs. This was her 3rd deployment.

This is the most of it--Let's help this family.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting SGT Donna Johnson's funeral at 10:15am Saturday Oct 13th at the Raeford Presbyterian Church, 128 Edinborogh Ave Raeford NC 28376. If you live close, please go & help the volunteers stand in line between WBC & the family. If you don't, please repost so others will know about it.

SGT Johnson was killed in Khost, Afghanistan on Oct 1st by a suicide bomber. She has served our nation for 6 yrs. This was her 3rd deployment.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will have us a rally point shortly. Have E mailed many friends who will be meeting also. Just a real shame Westbrook is doing this--truly despicable.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
They are also threatening to attend SGT Buttlers Funeral in Wilmington. Hopefully they don't show. Last time they threatened to come to Columbus County, they did not make it. There where enough military Vets and freedom riders that they would not have made it close to the church. Also a they threatened a family in Mullins SC, they did not make it to that one. I was at both.

I can tell you they are not Baptist! They are a looney cult. I was raised in a Baptist church, and most baptist love and respect the military.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
They are also threatening to attend SGT Buttlers Funeral in Wilmington. Hopefully they don't show. Last time they threatened to come to Columbus County, they did not make it. There where enough military Vets and freedom rider that they would not have made it close to the church. Also a they threatened a family in Mullins SC, they did not make it that one. I was at both.

I can tell you they are not Baptist! They are a looney cult. I was raised in a Baptist church, and most baptist love and respect the military.
Here is that one.
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/10/09/f...-protest-show-of-support-planned#.UHViai7A_pc

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
Word of caution to anyone planning to attend this because of the WBBC. I deal with these jackasses through work often. Be careful when dealing with these people. They are professional protestors for the most part. They have many lawyers within their ranks. They want you to assault them so they can sue you. If you do go, yell and scream all you want, but if the notion occurs to physically assault one of them, either don’t do it, or make sure they can prove you did it. They are ignorant, but not stupid.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I for one am going to show support and respect for the family, not to protest the Westboro whack jobs. I don't intend to engage them at all. I just want to stand peacefully between them and family.

·
SlayerNut - RIP
13,354 Posts
Word of caution to anyone planning to attend this because of the WBBC. I deal with these jackasses through work often. Be careful when dealing with these people. They are professional protestors for the most part. They have many lawyers within their ranks. They want you to assault them so they can sue you. If you do go, yell and scream all you want, but if the notion occurs to physically assault one of them, either don't do it, or make sure they can prove you did it. They are ignorant, but not stupid.
Couldn't have said it better myself. They're looking for an easy payday and that's the only reason they are there.

G

·
Let me ask the stupid question here. What does protesting a funeral accomplish other than make a sad situation worse?
Because they are trying to taunt people into a lawsuit. The whole family is lawyers I believe.

Like everything else its about money.. At expense of someones last day above the ground.

Nothing more disgusting than this.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm lost. sorry, i dont watch news or even TV for that matter.
Do they want her to be cremated or something?
What are they against?
I thought you protested against a thing.
If they are protesting a funeral then they are against a funeral?
That doesnt make much sense.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Talked to my Toys for Tots representative today. He is also a Patriot Guard and he assured me they had a ton of volunteers who would keep these idiots away from the family.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I'm lost. sorry, i dont watch news or even TV for that matter.
Do they want her to be cremated or something?
What are they against?
I thought you protested against a thing.
If they are protesting a funeral then they are against a funeral?
That doesnt make much sense.
they'll be there with "God Hates ****" signs...and blaming the family for the soldier's death...and saying they're glad she's dead and that she deserved it adn that she supported gays... they just want to piss someone off enough that they get hit, then sue the county/city/state for LETTING it happen...and then the person that hit them with a civil suit....they're lawyers and use the system and their overall assholeishness to provoke lawsuits

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.