Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My can will be here shortly. Just finished my .300 blackout AR.

I am looking for ammunition. Is any 220gr going to be subsonic? Most websites do not say what is what.
Stupid question I know but until now finding subsonic or supersonic ammo was really not an issue for me.

Will the remington 220gr work or?

Octane 9HD is my suppressor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all of you. Good to hear it should be ok.

Thanks Ed for posting the link on ammunition.

·
Vendor
5,801 Posts
Nice as short as the hand gaurds look and as much barrel is in front of the sight i would guess pistol length gas system. Do you have a buffer for it yet. Probably will want a h3 for sonic rounds and a h or or a spike st-t2 for subs. I have some different buffers if you want to play and see what works best i know with mine a h3 really helps slow it down and control the brass ejecting with the sonic rounds.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the offer, I will send you a msg as soon as I get everything together.
Have never messed with buffers on an AR before, once I get the can I will see about grabbing one.

I know with AK rifles they are useless(well I guess its debatable but most people agree it causes more issues than is helpful).
Never been into ARs until now!
Nice as short as the hand gaurds look and as much barrel is in front of the sight i would guess pistol length gas system. Do you have a buffer for it yet. Probably will want a h3 for sonic rounds and a h or or a spike st-t2 for subs. I have some different buffers if you want to play and see what works best i know with mine a h3 really helps slow it down and control the brass ejecting with the sonic rounds.

·
Vendor
5,801 Posts
I've heard mixed reports on the DSA 300 Uppers and their ability to function with Subs and Supers. Keep us posted.
If running suppressed subs will probably be fine. May not always lock back on empty and may not cycle well unsuppressed but that is true of most of them. I think newer noveske barrels have a larger port to help subs run unsuppressed but most all run fine with sonic rounds both suppressed and unsuppressed.

My noveske is a first generation barrel and has a smaller gas port and is not real fond of sub unsuppressed but i am not sure of the point of running expensive subs without a can. Even talking to noveske they agree but people want to run subs withoit a can so they opened up the gas port to make them run hotter and cycle better without a can but they are way over gassed with sonic rounds as a result.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ended up with a Sota arms upper.

Test firing wednesday and firing with can whenever that gets here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.