Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an individual contact me about refixing a heater core in a Ford Expedition.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design

So I jumped on it this am
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire

Putting it all back together after lunch
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

Now its back to normal
Automobile pedal Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle

Automotive fuel system Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Now its time to sit on the couch and do nothing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Remind me not to buy one of those...jeez, what ever happened to "reach under the dash" and replace?

·
Scofflaw Cyclist
2,765 Posts
I would pay any amount of money to avoid doing that.

My old 1990 chevy pickup developed a heater core leak. Took about an hour to replace including breaking a mounting screw and having to re-attach with bailing wire.

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hats off, man! I think that is quite amazing. Most shops charge two days labor for that, at least.
At the shop, on paper, we charge 8 labor hours plus parts. I did this one at home to help the gal out. Single mom and all that.

I have these down to around 4 hours start to finish nowadays. One of the times that I win against the clock. Doesnt always happen tho.

·
Banned
5,029 Posts
Oldest boy turned 5 today so we had a B-day party at pump it up. Which means Chdamn, Frmr and myself acted like idiots jumping around and playing with kids. Chdamn bought Hulk gloves which means I'm dodging nut punches for the next few days. Here's the 2yo ready for a cock punch.

·
Premium Member
6,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oldest boy turned 5 today so we had a B-day party at pump it up. Which means Chdamn, Frmr and myself acted like idiots jumping around and playing with kids. Chdamn bought Hulk gloves which means I'm dodging nut punches for the next few days. Here's the 2yo ready for a cock punch.

Clearly your day was better.
Happy birthday mini dcg.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Better than my day. Spent an hour running errands and 4 hours de priming and de crimping 500 5.56 brass. There has got to be a better way to decrimp military brass.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
At the shop, on paper, we charge 8 labor hours plus parts. I did this one at home to help the gal out. Single mom and all that.

I have these down to around 4 hours start to finish nowadays. One of the times that I win against the clock. Doesnt always happen tho.
Daniel, you are THE MAN!!! God Bless you Sir!

I went over to CaptSlim's house and he worked on my Custom 10/22's trigger. Then I came home to watch Dallas choke!

DirtySCREW

·
Scofflaw Cyclist
2,765 Posts
Went to church in the rain, spent the afternoon building shelves between the wall studs in my garage. I ran out of stuff I could put on shelves before I ran out of shelves, so I guess that's good. Carried a gun to church (so it's gun related).

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
I refinished the stock of an old POS single shot 22 while frmr0317 cerakoted the metal. It's worth zero dollars but its the only thing my granddad left me and its been sitting in pieces in a box for the last 15 years.
Then I went a d jumped around like a 5 year old and giggled the whole time at what awaited dc when his boy opened my gift.

Then I came I this thread amazed again at what gtown can do.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
No car repairs here.

I went for a ride/hike with my mtn. bike today. After a slog of a hike-a-bike to the top of Black Mtn., we were rewarded with a pretty nice vista.

View attachment 30303 View attachment 30304

Unfortunately, we didn't get out before the rain started.

The cliffs in the pics are the north face of Looking Glass Rock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.