what is most accurate bolt .22 rifle you own under $1000 ? | Carolina Shooters Club

what is most accurate bolt .22 rifle you own under $1000 ?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by tom goodman, Jan 11, 2021.

1. tom goodman

tom goodman Registered Member

Have been a bolt .22 rifle fan for years and would be interested in hearing of readers experience with accurate
    bolt rifles . In years past this would mostly be Win 52, Rem 40x or the Anschutz tribe . But now we have the
    far east imports like the CZ452 and others that shoot really well. Please pass on actual experience with
    rifles ,not what you have read or heard .

2. PolishBulldog

PolishBulldog Registered Member

I’ve had a lot of luck with my CZ455. I put a Timney trigger in it and with the stock bull barrel and right ammo, it is an accurate and repeatable rifle. It’s cleaned up quite a few nuisance pests that I felt confident in taking the shot. On paper or steel, it’ll do everything I ask it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jarheade4

Jarheade4 Registered Member

I purchased a Savage Mark II with heavy barrel in a Boyds stock with Weaver Scope and rings a few months back to use with my suppressor. It's very accurate with and without the suppressor at 100 yards. I've only used ammo so far rated at 1255fps and my shot group doesn't change at all with or without the suppressor.

4. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Our gun club has several Anschutz rifles.

We've taught many a Boy Scout and Young Marine how to shoot rifle with them.

Here's a spotting scope shot of a student target at 50' through my phone camera.

Anschutz Customer.jpg

5. dmthomp32

dmthomp32 Registered Member

These Bergara rifles are supposed to be pretty ridiculous in terms of accuracy. I don't own one but many of the reviews claim them to be the best money spent under $1000

https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/rimfire-series/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

6. barlowlc

barlowlc Registered Member

I have a marlin .22 mag bolt action thats been good to me. it has an old weaver k-10 scope on it and its pretty accurate. love to use it to squirrel hunt with.

7. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have several, a Marlin 880 SQ, an Anschutz and 2 CZ 452's..... All will do one hole groups at 50 yds with CCI standard velocity ammo....

Only accurate rifles are allowed to hang out in MY safe!!

8. Haleh

Haleh Registered Member

All 4 of my CZ 452's with CCI standard.

9. Larry Zeigler

Larry Zeigler Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Browning T Bolt heavy barrel and Win 52 Sporter model !

10. jonboy79

jonboy79 Registered Member

I have 2 best; both are Marlins. The most accurate is the Model 25 bolt gun with a cheapo Tasco 3x scope. Got the Model 60 when my dad passed. It doesn't need a scope.

Flagflyfish likes this.
  11. 42dcnf

42dcnf Registered Member

I have a very old Marlin 39A that is crazy accurate.

But best available now is the Steyr Mannlicher Zephyr II.

12. Pepe Silvia

Pepe Silvia Registered Member

As others have said, it’s kind of hard to beat a Cz for the price. I’ve got a 457 at-one that shoots much better than me. CZ updated the safety and it’s got an adjustable stock and threaded barrel. All for about 600$.

13. jerry williams

jerry williams Registered Member

I have a limber 82g. This gun and wolf match extra ammo allowed me to compete with a lot of higher priced rifles. Anschultz and all the others.

14. carolinablue

carolinablue Registered Member

Ditto on the 880 SQ and CCI std vel

15. DaBoogsterNC

DaBoogsterNC Registered Member

Great question.

I have an old H&R 5200 22 target rifle that I had drilled and tapped and had scope blocks built for. I pillar bedded the action and polished the sear on its trigger and adjusted it to the very edge of benchrest safety (I gotta close the bolt slow). I put a nice scope on it. It has become one of my favorite guns to shoot. It can shoot ¼” groups all day long at 50 yards (with good ammo and if I can follow through on my shot, critical with this gun due to its slow lock time).

I shot a SD prairie dog off a portable table and front and rear bench rests (years ago when my eyes were still young) at 227 yards! We measured the distance with a laser rangefinder, zero wind early morning shot lobbing that CCI Minimag HP (the gun loves those!). I’d Chrony’d that cartridge and plotted the ballistic profile with it sighted in at 100 yards. It was around 45” of bullet drop! Then my friend got to shoot it and he got one at 234 yards! The wind started to pick up about then and it was no longer worth shooting at that distance with a 22LR. B

He still brags about beating me with that long 22LR shot from about 15 years ago.
    It is a great rifle. But I still dream of owning a Win 52.

dmthomp32 and barlowlc like this.
  16. barlowlc

barlowlc Registered Member

Awsome story...I like it and I'm a little jealous lol

17. Glennwl

Glennwl Registered Member

I had aCZ 455 Ultra Lux with 22 LR, 22 WRM and 17HMR barrels. With the LR barrel you could literally put 3 rounds in the same hole. It was heavy and suited for target shooting .

18. nbkky71

nbkky71 Registered Member

I think that Vudoo V-22 is up at the top of the heap nowadays. Phenomenal accuracy out of those guns, but you'll pay a premium for it (ie - waaaay more than $1k)

This group was from my Remington 40X @ 100yds, with iron sights, using Wolf MT (Eley) ammo. NRA 100yd smallbore rifle target.

upload_2021-1-14_9-24-43.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021 at 3:28 PM
  19. Flagflyfish

Flagflyfish Registered Member

I’ve got 2 CZ rim fire rifles that are pretty damn accurate. One is a 457 that I restocked and installed a barrel from Dan Lilja on it.....spooky accurate. I also have a CZ Scout that is the go to gun for ridding the property of marauding tree rats. One shot one kill...

20. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Registered Member

have a anschutz 54 sporter and anschutz 54 ms i bought years ago that are real shooters think i paid about 500.00 apiece for them also luv my cz 452