what is the coolest car you've ever owned? | Page 4 | Carolina Shooters Club

what is the coolest car you've ever owned?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by soreshoulder, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Don

Don Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

If they were a two piece design header (slip joint in the middle) with a 4 to 2 to 1 set of tubes they were probably super mini hustlers. That's what Hedman sold for the Pinto.

2. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

I don't recall a slip joint. I think I remember them being 4 to 1.

3. JamesLFlowers

JamesLFlowers Well-Known Member

'69 GTO Judge with a completely custom power train and painted Midnight Cherry

Scott88 and foamx like this.
  4. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

My best friend in high school bought a 67 GTO that color with black vinyl top just like it in 1973. He still has it.

5. canman

canman Registered Member

[​IMG]
    Owned this in a partnership. The driver financed it and drove and I built it, did all the work and ran the crew. When it got sold it was a 60/40 split. Truth is he did some work (paint) but he was a damn good driver.

fishgutzy and Confused like this.
  6. gsimmons

gsimmons Member

Fortunately, I still have it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469292385.642605.jpg

jsb, spittinfire, Turd and 9 others like this.
  7. pinkbunny

pinkbunny Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

'96 Chevy Caprice Classic.
    Everyone thought it was a cop car, so I'd have fun going dressing in dark clothing and driving at exactly the speed limit, and watching everyone around me instantly slowing down.

8. Confused

Confused Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

My second car.1970 Dodge Charger R/T.Orange with black vinyl top and black interior.440 magnum,4 speed,Dana 4.10 rear.After high school I rebuilt the motor and put a 292*/.509 purple shaft cam in it,added a six pak setup,and put headers on it.Bake the 295/50/15's with ease.

Second place would probably go to my 96 vette. LT4 six speed.Stroked it to 383 with AFR heads and put 4.10's out back.Yes it was fast.

fishgutzy, Scott88 and Stick Man like this.
  9. JamesLFlowers

JamesLFlowers Well-Known Member

Recently found a picture of the car post-crash in the grass at the old Midway Drag Strip. Friend's first reaction is always "You lived through that?" followed by disbelief when I tell them I actually walked away. Lordy, I miss 700+ HP under my right foot!

Stick Man likes this.
  10. Lawless

Lawless Never Back Down

Let's see. First car '69 Charger SE bought from original owner in 1986.

Second car bought a brand new 1988 Toyota 4x4 pickup.

Bought a 70 Charger and a 69 Super Bee next and had some fun with them but at the time I was a broke guy paying for my Toyota truck and beer.

Next a 1986 red IROC Z, this is where I started spending large amounts of cash. I got a job at the dealership and had access to cool tools and space to work. I had a key to the shop and stayed until early morning many times. There were no real mods available for computer cars. I called Edelbrock and got ahold of a very cool engineer by accident. He helped me pick some cool stuff to build a 355 to go under the tuned port inj. Camshaft, roller rockers, headers, exhaust, gears and a bottle. Car was fast for 1989 computer car standards and I whipped about anything on the street that tried me.

I built several more 3rd gens including a monster 84 Z with all computer stuff gone and a nasty reputation.

Then I built a 94 Z with more help from my engineer buddy from Edelbrock. Car ran mid 7's on stock shortblock.

Built a 95 vette that cut 1.6 short times on BFG drags and low 7s.

Built a 70 Dart with 472" BB that would run mid 90s in the 1/8th on 3.23 gear. Love torque.....
    (472 was a 400 shortblock with offset ground 440 steel crank and chevy 396 rods)
    Car had Boyette heads and 3" dual exhaust and stock style hemi convertor.
    Absolute monster on the street for the day. This taught me torque is more fun.

Built a SBC 1992 jeep wrangler that looked factory right down to stock air cleaner.

Built a 2002 SS camaro that ran 12.97 @ 108.5 STOCK and low 11s on spray.

Built a Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon on 35s and MANY Toyota 4x4s

After that I bought a repo 2001 GSXR 1000 (had bikes all along but this was the ultimate at the time) and had David Bargoil custom paint it. I crashed it when the back tire spun up on a 140mph wheelie (no lie, paint on the road) and I looped it when it caught traction again. Slid 372 feet. Lost a lot of skin.

That was my last cool ride until I bought a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. Kept it stock.

Of them all, I would want the Dart back. I had the most fun with that car.

My truck I have now though was the one I waited years for. 2002 F250 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel Crew 4x4 that had 33K on it when I bought it back the first part of this year. I waited for this truck for years and bought it finally from my female neighbor who only drove it occasionally. In fact, I would bet 15K of the miles on the truck were put on it by me as she begged me to drive it to "keep it from going to the bad". It has 39K now and still smells like a new truck.

11. diablos30

diablos30 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

how did you afford to work on these while buying all that expensive conditioner for your mullet? :p

Remshooter, Geezer and Lawless like this.
  12. Lawless

Lawless Never Back Down

hahahaha

Never had a mullet and wasn't really a redneck.

When I started at the dealer I LOVED CARS.

When I left after 20 years I hated cars and everyone who drove one.

Gtownwrench likes this.
  13. leadchunker

leadchunker Member

I would say it was the 1966 Dodge Polara with the 383 magnum. That car kept me broke buying tires and replacing the transmission 3 times. I would say its my 1970 Dodge Challenger, but it is still in pieces and I haven't driven it. I may just sell it, who knows.

14. HellTeeOne

HellTeeOne Member

Still have mine. 1997 Z28 6 speed with a few go-fast goodies, makes a bit over 400rwhp on the dyno. Consumes air, fuel, tires and occasionally driveline parts. Mostly sits around these days though.

15. Bobby G

Bobby G Registered Member

image.jpeg sold the Elky last year. Kept the Vette

16. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

That El Camino SS is sharp. I doubt I could have brought myself to sell it. I'da left a kidney or lung go first.

17. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

Is what I think is under that hood, under that hood?

I like it. :)

18. Bobby G

Funny but the buyer had some kind of issue with the title. I told him " okay because I don't really want to sell anyway" Never heard from him again.

19. Bobby G

stroked small block (383) original hood was cracked.

20. EEH

EEH Registered Member

Well obviously I'm older than a lot of you guys,,
    My 1957 ford retractable hard top conv.is one I would like to have back,or my 1969 Plymouth GTX with only 375 hp.
    1956 Chevy station wagon with 327 four speed.
    I could go on but I've owned over 35 cars and trucks and I'm not a dealer.
    Oh yea 1958 Chevy truck ,motor from 1960 corvette ,as we called it straight drive.
    I'll try to find some pict.

21. dubnali

dubnali Active Member

I've had an affinity for forces induction since i started driving. In high school I had an 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and moved on to a 90 Super Coupe after high school. I now have an 03 SVT Cobra that is by far the most fun to drive of all the vehicles of my past. It's currently out of commission (since January) awaiting a part that's on national backorder. Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach sucked for me this year.

fieldgrade likes this.
  22. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

Gotta love those blown '03 and '04 Cobras.

23. dubnali

dubnali Active Member

I told myself around 02 when we had a Ducati dealer that I would one day have a Monster 620 Dark. 3 years later, I bought one. I said the same thing about the 03 Cobra when it was released. The only difference is that the Cobra won't be going anywhere.

24. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

I grew up riding around in muscle cars of the mid to late '60's, but a friend's 2003 Cobra was the fastest production car I ever rode in.

25. dubnali

dubnali Active Member

I've always envied my dad for being able to enjoy the muscle car wars of the late 60s. I just wish I had that Vitamin C Orange 6 Barrel Roadrunner he bought new in 1969. He's currently got a 2011 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue (a color from that era) At 67 years old, he still loves the power. And that car will hold its own against mine, and it's stock aside from mufflers. Just don't tell him I said that.

fieldgrade likes this.
  26. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've eve had anything most people would consider a cool car. Heck, I never had a bachelor party either. By my reckoning that means I have one hell of a mid life crisis or late life crisis ahead. Woohoo!!!! :p

Hybrid Moments Pass likes this.
  27. Djstorm100

Djstorm100 Carolina Shooters Club Club Subscribed

I don't have "one" that is the coolest, just depends on the application.

Car I built back in high school 310hp at the tires...compare to stock 140whp.

[​IMG]

Mistubshi Evo X this thing was so sweet on curvy roads. This is one car I hate I got rid of but guy offer to much to turn down.
    [​IMG]

Jeep, built two fo these. One for me and then my dad got one after having his 12 mid life crisis.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. sdiver2006

sdiver2006 Well-Known Member

1982 MUSTANG GT/ T-tops/black & red/4 Speed manual
    MTX speakers, Alpine head unit.
    Metric rims

dubnali likes this.
  29. CHRIS

CHRIS Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

We've got this '59 T-bird. My wife's grandfather bought it new back in the day.
    [​IMG]

CHRIS

30. EEH

EEH Registered Member

Couple of my cars
    1969 Plymouth GTX,,,1957 Ford hard top conv.

Attached Files: