what is the coolest car you've ever owned? | Page 5 | Carolina Shooters Club

what is the coolest car you've ever owned?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by soreshoulder, Jul 20, 2016.

1. EEH

EEH Registered Member

1952 Ford what I dated in.

1958 Chevy. Did not make it home that night,,no I was not drinking.

1969 Ford Torino bought new,,my first new car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    soreshoulder and Neckball like this.
  2. I sadly don't have any photos of my ole 5.0's I used to own. Here is my 2001 SS (488rwhp), and my stock CTS-V (couple of friends cars in the background).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

3. EEH

EEH Registered Member

All you have to do is keepem for about 30 years be the same thing.

4. 1971AMX

1971AMX Registered Member

I have that haircut again now that I retired from the military.

5. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

And I now have the haircut you probably had in the military. There's still a little left on top but it stopped growing about 15 years ago. Lol

6. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

A friend of mine had '69 Torino. He's trying to buy it back 35 years later. He found it in Denmark. Don't ask me how.

7. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Registered Member

I had a new (2000) Corvette back when I when I was 22. Just because of the timing, a new corvette at 22, and the effort to save up to pay for it while attending high school and college, I don't think it is something can be topped ever for me. If I had a new Ferrari or whatever now, it just wouldn't as important because I am more of a old fart now. I just started a job and our HR Department had multiple complaints about my vette (it wasn't fair I could afford a Vette because I just started?). I traded in already paid off nice car and had saved up a bit of money, so it wasn't that much left to finance.

I had a new (1996) Mustang GT at 18 also, and because the timing it was also really special. The General Lee I have now, and the one my dad got when I was young (8 or so) are high on the list. The 1969 H/O I have now (not restored) is really high on the list for me, and while it my dream car, chasing tail with a new corvette out of college was just legendary. For the most part I haven't put money into or had any car loans since the corvette, a progression of equal trade down the same car has kept me going since then, 7-8 cars later.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  8. dubnali

dubnali Active Member

How?

Neckball and Hybrid Moments Pass like this.
  9. wsfiredude

wsfiredude Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

87 Pontiac Gran Am SE

No points for "coolness", really, but it was the first car I ever had...worked to pay for it, both had to and wanted to.

Reckon why, in my mind anyhow, it was the coolest car I ever owned....

Sometimes wish I had never gotten rid of it.

10. jdub229r

jdub229r “Naipierw pobijemy, a potem policzemy!” Club Subscribed

This! My old 1984 SVO with 350HP Super-chip, front inter-cooler, boost controller & water/alcohol injection. It was a C4 & M3 buster back in the day.

85 SVO.jpg

CharlieDeltaJuliet and dubnali like this.
  11. pinkbunny

pinkbunny Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Honda Accord.
    [​IMG]
    30+ MPG
    Plenty of Space
    The air conditioning works well
    Bluetooth works
    I can put audiobooks onto a flash drive and play
    So vanilla no one will try to steal it
    Incredibly reliable, and tons of mechanics out there work on it, compared to last car(Saab)
    Quiet ride

What's not to love? When you've been driving a stinker for years, this is great.

12. Prosecutor

Prosecutor Proudly defending corporate America...

I really liked my 2003 Vette. Put more than 230,000 miles on it.

Picked this up last year:
    [​IMG]

Hello Officer
    [​IMG]

got2hav1, RobC2, jakerson9 and 3 others like this.
  13. diablos30

diablos30 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

no poon

pinkbunny likes this.
  14. str8shot

str8shot U. S. Military

image.jpeg My '65 corvette convertible that I bought in the early 80's in concours condition. Red factory hard top and black convertible soft top, red with red guts. It was a 327 car with a Muncie 4-speed that won best in class in a 1986 car show. I went into the military and sold it in 1988. Now all I have is a trophy and pictures of memories past.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    got2hav1, barlowlc, jakerson9 and 4 others like this.
  15. dubnali

dubnali Active Member

We've had a couple of those. None modded to that extent. Probably still a few parts laying around. One of the best-handling mustangs ever built.

16. Lord of War

Lord of War Registered Member

Don't laugh. Miss my 1973 Ford Ranger XLT truck. 5.9 360 engine. Anyone have a nice old ford to sell me? Miss the sound the doors made when you opened them. Always the same squeak.

17. EasternNC4me

EasternNC4me Member

It's not the 1977 SE I've wanted ever since watching Smokey and the Bandit when I was a kid, but it's mine. It's a 1981. Had it about 4 years. Has the crappy Chevy 305 4 speed in it. Everything original except the radio, it has a dash cap, and rims (came with Rally II's which I have and they need restoring. I just like the snow flakes more). Charged up the AC a couple of weeks ago. Even the clock still works.
    [​IMG]

Neckball, canman and Prosecutor like this.
  18. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

My grandpa had one of those. That truck has been gone for 15 years, and I can still hear that squeak.

19. A.Pickle

A.Pickle Registered Member

1965 Daimler Ferret AFV 00EA40_11.jpg

Lord of War, JimP42, canman and 6 others like this.
  20. Prosecutor

Prosecutor Proudly defending corporate America...

That is awesome. Love it.

21. Howland

Howland Member

'69 Cutlass ragtop - my first cool car
    '66 T-bird Town Coupe in Diamond Blue - the one that got the most looks & compliments
    '67 Olds Delmont 88 ragtop 455 - the one I enjoyed driving the most (Totaled by a hit-and-run driver. :mad: I still have the owner's manual. When I want to get depressed, I dig it out and cry.)

22. jsb

jsb Registered Member

1973 Buick Riviera "Boat-Tail" coupe, in the original (slightly-grungy, due to age) GM Gold paint job - a previous owner had fitted it out with dual straight-thru (as nearly as possible) pipes, complete with glass-packs, and it had the biggest original-equipment V-8 (AFAIK) that Buick ever installed, a 455-C.I. monster that (when I got it) had had "a li'l work" done on it. It had all of the original all-leather interior - in white, actually, with light-tan trim and off-white headliner and carpets - and I put a new set of brakes on it, and a full set of tires - that, a good cleaning and a tune-up was all it really needed. It was getting pretty old (got it in '92, IIRC), and it was big, of course - but it rode and handled great (had been fitted with air-shocks, too, front and rear), and it would flat-out out-accelerate almost anything...At speed on decent roads, I could pull away from everything except maybe race-prepped stuff, and the sound it made from those pipes was fantastic.

Ended up selling it when we needed a new heating system for the house (we lived in MI back then) - too bad; it was a great car - had that wrap-around "boat-tail" rear glass, like the earlier Corvette coupe (the '62/'63, I think), but bigger.

An earlier one (from when I was still single) was a 1963 Triumph TR-3B - that's the "transition-model", with the bigger, more-powerful TR-4 engine and the full-synchro transmission - with which I used to regularly win street "drags" for a couple of years against unsuspecting V-8-equipped Chevys and Fords (not the "muscle cars"; the regular sport coupes) in the early '70s on Woodward Ave. (and nearby) North of Detroit...They figured there was no way they were gonna get smoked by some guy in a "furrin" sports car with only a 4-cylinder, right?

Good times...

23. BurnedOutGeek

BurnedOutGeek SlayerNut - RIP

Sweet

Got a 77se 400/4spd (#'s matching) that's next on the restore list. Picked up a 79 that the 400 was blown in and swapped in 455. All sorts of fun there.

One day amongst all the other projects I'll get those done. First up though is the 4runner for the minion before he gets his license.

EasternNC4me likes this.
  24. NoKimberDave

NoKimberDave Off to Greener Pastures Club Subscribed

My first car. 1978 Chevette. My 'Vette was baby blue tho. Had a stripe on side that said "RALLY 1.6", so it was a hopped up model.

It had it all: Looks. Performance. No A/C. 4 speed stick. AM HiFi radio. Just everything you need for victory and nothing you didn't.

Coupled with the high travel suspension and rubber on forged steel wheels, it was able to really put all 64.o ponies to the pavement with the quickness.

A real panty dropper, too. Smoking the right rear wheel out of the HS parking lot (gravel lot) put the ladies on high alert.

I got tired of people asking me about it all the time/pictures/chicks drooling on it/etc., and decided to drive it off Foresthill Rd in Norcal one evening. Street race for 'slips against a Diesel Rabbit.

It's okay, I wasn't injured. Apparently drunk people really don't get injured most of the time in car wrecks, something about being relaxed, although I have to say it did not feel relaxing.

14176834157_7fa5b7ab12_n.jpg

jakerson9 and rodney1968 like this.
  25. Shortfuze

Shortfuze U. S. Military Club Subscribed

87 Mazda B2000 with a 350 chevy, 5 speed and a 12 bolt narrowed rear end. I loved that truck and I wrecked it. I have been looking for another body for years now but no luck finding one someone would sell at a decent price.

26. Red Cent

Red Cent Vendor Vendor

McLeansville, NC by way of WV SASS #29170L
    Dellorto carburetors (4). Cammed. 1200 CC VW motor. Mess of snakes exhaust. Standard VW tranny. ALL SW gauges. You could bury the S&W 8000 max rpm tach. The front end had a large screw that allowed you to lower or raise the front of the body from the road. Had to be pushed off wet grass. Cruised the interstate in 3rd gear at around 3500rpm. With the weight and horsepower (had no idea) I could smoke most anything within reason.
    Deserter DB 2.jpg Deserter db.jpg Found the body setting on wooden horses and he had the motor in the kitchen of his mobile home. Planned to put a Porsche transmission in the little rocket. All this was around 1965. This is not mine but a twin I just found on the internet. Around 1991-2 I took some of my employees to Atlanta to get briefed on a computer system. Saw one exactly like this. Have not seen one since. Califormia Deserter GT. The color grew on you.

Hybrid Moments Pass likes this.
  27. eltonfan59

eltonfan59 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

1979 Trans Am with T-Tops

28. got2hav1

got2hav1 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Several Corvettes and Camaros , but this is the latest and possibly the coolest. 2012 Grand Sport Convertible Callaway. 606 HP , 6 speed manual trans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    soreshoulder likes this.
  29. AJoldfart

AJoldfart Registered Member

1963 XKE

30. Headspace

Headspace Registered Member

The coolest car I've owned is the 2000 Miata I have now. I've had it 7 years, and over those years it's seen a few modifications. Stock, they make about 108 horsepower at the rear wheels, mine makes 225. It only weighs 2400 pounds. It's got a lowered performance suspension and other mods to support the centrifugal supercharger installed in it. It's stone reliable, and I still get 27-28 mpg on trips, 22-23 around town. NC-80.jpg DSC09365.JPG

NoKimberDave likes this.