Carolina Shooters Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

· Premium Member
5,293 Posts
This old 9 shot el-cheapo special is still one of my favorites:

Remarkably accurate considering its about as low cost as they come. The trigger guard looks like crap on the bottom, I've contemplated making it a duracoat project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fell in love with that High Standard Sentinel back in the '80's I think, when they were first introduced. Been looking to run into one since. Just missed one by a day a couple of year back.

But, to choose a favorite among children, can't do it.

· Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
16,623 Posts
I fell in love with that High Standard Sentinel back in the '80's I think, when they were first introduced. Been looking to run into one since. Just missed one by a day a couple of year back.
I'd never sell it. It isn't worth much. The trigger pull isn't great but it isn't horrible so it makes for great trigger practice. It punches holes in paper right there where you line the sights up and has never had any mechanical issues. HKS even has a speedloader that fits.

· Premium Member
890 Posts
Dont have a pic available- but I LOVE the Ruger MkIII "Standard" with the 4.75" tapered barrel. Its the cheapest Mk III available and mine has been a fave for many years. I ended up trading it to my dad for a family heirloom S&W 32-20 in December and just made arrangements to buy another identical Mk III Standard last week.

· Premium Member
10,207 Posts
I really like my MK II but I'm wanting to trade it off to work on something else. It's got a lot of Volquartsen pieces and it shoots like a rifle.

16,623 Posts
Retracting my buckmark answer. I reluctantly picked up a MkII on trade. It is way lighter and therefore easier to carry through the woods. Easier for my son to shoot, too. I just HATE that heel mag release. My favorite plinker...this week, anyway.

Sent from my Crayola box.

· Disposable apparently
15,808 Posts

16,623 Posts
81 - 100 of 140 Posts