Carolina Shooters Forum banner

What is your favorite rimfire pistol

35K views 154 replies 111 participants last post by  Dean Goodman 
#1 · (Edited)
So what is your favorite plinking pistol? I love my Ruger 22/45.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Tints and shades

First thread in new rimfire section;tankshooter

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I only have on so it has to be the 22/45. Now I do like a Walther P-22 suppressed as I have shot those many a time.

#9 ·
I only have one ATM and it's a 22/45 MkIII and I love it. I've shot and owned a lot of others but still like the 22/45 the most. For the money they can't be beat right out of the box.

#15 ·
The Ruger MkII my wife liberated from me. S/S, with 4.5" PacLite upper, VQ/worked trigger is effing sublime.

My Buckmark, however, does not suck at all.

Gotta say, my hands-down favorite .22 pistola is this-

Single Ten with the f/o sights swapped out. May be one of the most fun guns I've ever had.

#24 ·
Currently mine is a toss up between two Ruger Single Six's.

One my father gave me for Christmas a couple years ago, my first "I own this" pistol. Has the .22/.22magnum conversion cylinder. Shoots great, feels great, looks great, and it's from my pops.

Tied is a Single Six he passed on to me from his father. It's an old style from the one year they made them with a flat backed ejection port cover. Pretty pistol, but it tells a funny story in that apparently Grand dad thought himself a cowboy and would "mess around" with this little 6 shooter. He tried to etch his initials into it, apparently used it as a hammer, and put a hole in some furniture when he was playing "Cowboy" quick draw with it. It's a wonderful mix of "Dang grand dad, why did you jack up this rare and beautiful Ruger." And "Thanks for the funny story's around this still awesome little pistol." I don't swear the cosmetic stuff on it because it will probably be one of the two that are pried out of my cold dead hands.