Which Replacement Barrel for Glock do you Prefer | Carolina Shooters Club

Which Replacement Barrel for Glock do you Prefer

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by Weaponologist, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Weaponologist

Weaponologist Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Hi Guy's.
    I know there's several company's around selling replacement Barrels you can shoot Lead or add a Can. I'm aware of Lone Wolf but really don't know how they hold up. I've never shot my Glocks enough to worry about getting a Barrel but I just picked up a G19 and plan to reload for it so I'll have to get one now. Just looking for info from those of you that's already put one through the ringer. Brands cost any special one you like over the others??

2. Phantom

Phantom Member

You can shoot reloads in a factory barrel. Just use jacketed bullets. Lone wolf barrels work great. I have had a couple of conversions that ran great. Barsto barrels are the most accurate I have tried.

Shorty 45 MK2 likes this.
  3. Weaponologist

Thanks, That's what I wanted to know. Accuracy is more important to me than just about anything, unless the price is just out of this world. But I haven't seen any replacement Barrels that where crazy high so far.... Anyone else like the Barsto Barrels over the Lone Wolf??? I got a feeling most guys don't get to try several different Barrels but most have friends with different barrels and you get to see how they hold up to yours when you shoot with your Buddy's.. So, Even some feed back on what you've seen your Friends shooting and how they were grouping.

4. Korean_pewpew

Korean_pewpew Registered Member

I am currently running the Blacklist Barrel on my G19 and it has been awesome. Accuracy on point. But it does differ from which loads your using. I tested with the cheapest ammo I could find because I like to save money! I used IMI Ammunition at 124g and 115g at about 20 yards and I was able to get a better "grouping" with the 115g.

All in all, Blacklist is recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weaponologist likes this.
  5. 41magfan

41magfan Registered Member

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Glock chambers are loose as a goose and typically chamber ammo that a 2011 or CZ would choke on. If accuracy is your top concern, you have the wrong gun.
    Just tossing it out there.

Flame away Grock fans. Facts is facts.

7. Weaponologist

Thanks 41Magfan, & Shin Sung Kang, I ran a search before starting this post and never came across this artical... That was very interesting write up. will take a close look at KKM and Black List Barrels..

8. 41magfan

41magfan Registered Member

I think the relevant takeaway regarding aftermarket barrels is that anything other than a "hard fitted" custom barrel isn't likely to improve accuracy across the board.

If you can be happy with minor increases in improved accuracy with an assortment of various loads, then a "drop-in" barrel from one of the quality makers will probably not disappoint you.

Shorty 45 MK2 and Weaponologist like this.
  9. Weaponologist

I get that, I was just looking for feed back from those that had used replacement Barrels. Like the write up said the Glocks are known for reliability and combat accuracy but if I can improve on that Combat Accuracy even a little than I'll be happy. Just from what I read if I can get around 2inch group at 50yards I'll be very satisfied. I'm not going to make a Race gun out of it but I would like at least the same performance as I get from my 1911's.. Plus, My Practice Range never goes past 25 to 35 yards on carry pistols... All in All it looks pretty promising. Thanks to everyone who offered feed back. and to anyone else that wants to chime in..

10. tobrooks

tobrooks Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have both a Lone Wolf and a SilencerCo. I prefer the SilercenCo over the Lone Wolf. It is a little more expensive but seems to group better and it also came with a thread protector. The Lone Wolf does not so that is about $15 more, so price wise there is about a $50 difference.

Weaponologist likes this.
  11. got2hav1

got2hav1 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I've had both a KKM and a Storm Lake . Both are exceptional. Accuracy much improved. KKM was in a G17 and the Storm Lake which I still have is in a G19.

12. Boom-er

Boom-er Registered Member

I have Lone Wolf and Storm Lake. Never seen any difference from a factory barrel.

13. Orange97

Orange97 Member

I have a zev barrel in my 19, very pleased with it.

Attached Files:

14. sdiver2006

sdiver2006 Well-Known Member

S3F Solutions
    are what I am now using in all mine

15. Hunter

Hunter Staff Writer

16. MochaJoe

MochaJoe Registered Member

I would go with Wheaton Arms.