Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of great schools out east. But does anyone know of any good schools here in the Mountains? Spending six hrs a day driving to attend a class would be rough.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Chris/John I know a guy with a range in WNC how much room do you need?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Minimum distance of 25 yards and wide enough for at least 5 shooters would work for most DCNC classes
I know he has that much. I haven't talked to him in a while, but I'll ask and see what he says. Then we can work on getting a class filled up.

·
Teacher of the Craft
8,069 Posts
Chris/John I know a guy with a range in WNC how much room do you need?
Fathead,

Same as Chris, If you can get this rolling, I would setup Chris's company and mine. We both offer great classes with our own spin to them.

I will send you a PM here in a sec with some more info on how we handle this.

John

·
Premium Member
12,035 Posts
I went over to Rex's in East Flat Rock/Hendersonville during lunch today. Ran into a young guy (Josh?) that is a former Marine scout/sniper. He was putting out cards and brochures for his new company, 03Tactical. He's offering combat handgun and carbine classes. Seemed like a nice guy and confident, but definitely new. I'll probably give him a try. I have his contact info in the truck, but wanted to post this before I forgot. You can get his info from Rex's INDOOR RANGE, not Rex's Guns & Ammo...different companies, same building.

I gave him the info for this site and let him know about this thread as well. We'll see if he shows up!

EDIT: Just found his Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/03TACTICAL

·
Registered
1 Posts
03 TACTICAL training at Rex's indoor range

I went over to Rex's in East Flat Rock/Hendersonville during lunch today. Ran into a young guy (Josh?) that is a former Marine scout/sniper. He was putting out cards and brochures for his new company, 03Tactical. He's offering combat handgun and carbine classes. Seemed like a nice guy and confident, but definitely new. I'll probably give him a try. I have his contact info in the truck, but wanted to post this before I forgot. You can get his info from Rex's INDOOR RANGE, not Rex's Guns & Ammo...different companies, same building.

I gave him the info for this site and let him know about this thread as well. We'll see if he shows up!

EDIT: Just found his Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/03TACTICAL
Hello my name is Josh and I operate 03 TACTICAL. I am a former Marine Scout Sniper that has also been through Close Quarters Combat training. I have taught hundreds of Marines and several Navy Masters at Arms. The courses that I am currently offering are tactical carbine and pistol. The location that I run my courses at is Rex's indoor range located in Hendersonville NC. These courses go by experience level. Level one courses I teach the fundamentals, engagements, and more this provides the building blocks if you have no experience. Level two covers barricades, moving and shooting, night shooting, and more. Level three courses cover unconventional positions, transitioning, and off hand shooting. The prices for my courses are $100 for level one courses and $150 for level two and three. Below is a testimonial from one of my customers that worked for the State Department. If you are interested in doing a course shoot me an email at [email protected].

"I approached Josh on short notice with the goal of better preparing myself for deployment to an overseas assignment in particularly kinetic environment. At my request, Josh readily customized a course that included a review of level 1 CQB fundamentals but emphasized level 2 CQB advanced techniques to build and improve upon my prior familiarization training. As an instructor, Josh was professional in his demeanor, patient and attentive in answering my questions, and exhibited a thorough command of the material and weapons employed. His approach and structuring of the course ensure that the skills and techniques will be retained long after completion of the course. Whether you are new to CQB, or need to learn a specific skill set to meet operational needs downrange, I highly recommend Josh's CQB courses and instruction!"
Mike - U.S. diplomat

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ok guys I have talked to a friend of mine that owns a farm here in Waynesville, about 30 minutes West of Asheville, that would be willing to set up an area for classes. We could build the area to suit all kinds of classes including rifle training. He and I are both contractors so we have the equipment to easily set up areas. Pm me with info on how you setup these on location classes. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
12,035 Posts
Ok guys I have talked to a friend of mine that owns a farm here in Waynesville, about 30 minutes West of Asheville, that would be willing to set up an area for classes. We could build the area to suit all kinds of classes including rifle training. He and I are both contractors so we have the equipment to easily set up areas. Pm me with info on how you setup these on location classes. Thanks guys
Awesome! Count me in.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.