Winston Gun show this weekend | Page 3 | Carolina Shooters Club

Winston Gun show this weekend

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by GTM1, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CriticalHomeDefense

CriticalHomeDefense Hall of Shame

On a brighter note, who is the girl who was at the Glock table?

2. Irish

Irish Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Now my interest is peaked. Pictures?!?!?!

3. Jon

Jon Eleutheromaniac Club Subscribed

Ok, someone needs to go back tomorrow and take pictures.

4. ssilver07

ssilver07 Member

Nothing to post that hasn't already been said but yeah.... I saw a Colt 6920 for $3000, a SCAR for $5500, .223/5.56 was priced at a grand for a grand and 7.62 wasnt far behind. Heck I think the beef jerky folks and all the gypsy treasure vendors felt left out of the price gouging that was taking place so they upped their prices too. It was a mess to say the least.

5. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    Details? You may have seen some things other guys who've posted missed.

6. Old Soul

Old Soul New Member

I believe this crew needs to take a trip to the other side of 52 say in the area of Jackson Av. , 25th St. , and Cleveland Av. You guys familar with Winston know where I am talking about. Maybe they can get the guys over there to give up a gun or two cause I know they have them. Better hope those signs are on ballistic material if they decide to go.

7. AngelesCrest

AngelesCrest Registered Member

I was shocked by it all. Ive been going to gun shows for years, and the general consensus was that the dealers were price gouging, but then some idiot would buy at the double inflated price and that would just drive the prices up triple. All I can say is there were some ppl there with some serious disposable income. Saw some chick and her mom buy an fn scar for $5500, I'm assuming it was a Xmas gift to the boo. Lucky dick.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  8. zombienetwork

zombienetwork Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

It was entertaining at least. I was looking for pistol ammo and left with pretty good prices on tok and mak ammo. When I got there ak mags were $40 minimum.

I did catch a local dealer talking with another dealer and the were mocking one of the dealers who sold a bushmaster for 700...lets say he isnt on my list of guys I like much anymore.

9. Battle Ready LLC

Battle Ready LLC New Member

As most of you know, it was a mess there today. Anything that is under the medias gun, Hi-cap mags, Ar's etc was priced beyond the roof. Pmags, last week $12-$20 per mag, now $50-$80 per mag, Glock 30rnd mag $95, Base bushmaster Ar, no optics, no carry handle etc, $2400. Even the M&P 15-22 NIB $799 at one vendor. However, there were some great pistol deals. I saw a hand full of M&P .45 full size new under $500. So if you can brave the lines you might get a good deal on a pistol.

10. Defender12

Defender12 Member

West Winston but I have been spotted in clemmons a
    I went yesterday.I saw one guy selling 30rnd AK mags for $50.00 each.

11. SmoothFive0

SmoothFive0 Registered Member

If someone wants to stand in a line like Saturdays to get a pic of ANYBODY or ANYTHING, they are desperate!

12. NCshooter26

NCshooter26 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Were people actually paying $1K plus for bone stock AK's? Or were they just marked that high?

13. Scott2k

Scott2k Registered Member

Prices were unbelievable and there were lines of people waiting to fill out their 4473's. One vendor had 2 pallets of 5.56 sold before the show opened. Another dealer had 29 AR's sold by 2:00 p.m. Christmas came early for some vendors. I got lucky and found one deal, a 4 lb. jug of Titegroup for $75. Got that, a mil duffel bag (new condition) for $10 and a look at a lot of people who were spooked into buying whatever they could at whatever price they could. FALs going for $2k, crappy uppers. Very few milsurp 5.56 mags, $40 - $50 for new mags.

-Scott

14. Top

Top Hall of Shame

I went and I saw the frenzie of people buying items for the inflated prices. I meet one dealer who had his stuff priced right he inpressed me with his statement. " We are all one big family there is no reason to jack up prices to jab our customers we need to take care of each other in the shooting sport to keep it alive and not look like the crazy liberials that are trying to disarm us, Capitalism is one thing but robbery is wrong". I bought from him and shook his hand and thanked him.

15. wfuavenger

wfuavenger Registered Member

Who was he? We all need to give him our business!

16. stankyhollywood

stankyhollywood Member

+100

17. SmoothFive0

SmoothFive0 Registered Member

There was a dealer on the middle right aisle that sold Magpul and uppers. Not sure if that was him but I needed a couple parts(pens and springs). He put them in a ziplock and said Merry Christmas..I offered several times to pay him and he wouldn't take the money. He was selling so much in Magpul and so many uppers and kept the credit card machine going as well as a HUGE wad of cash, so I think he must have thought the parts were minute. Great guy to deal with on everything he carries..not saying that because of the free stuff, but he was just keeping his prices normal and doing his regular business, but in volume. A true class act along with his staff.

18. spiff001

spiff001 Registered Member

I went yesterday. All the reports of price gouging are correct. Still kicking myself for not buying the dpms flattop in line for $600 and turning it around in the show for double that. On the bright side, I did buy a couple of new pairs of reading glasses from the guy selling those...

Oh...and I think the protester group is the same bunch of bandwagon crazies with signs at 5 points in Winston. I don't thonk they are very happy people.

19. group13

group13 New Member

well i for one was shocked by what i saw at the show yesterday. the worst part is we as gun buyers are the cause of this. I was buying surplus for the last year or so. and i was paying 3 bucks for used M4 mags and 5 each for Pmags. to resale. I don't think i could sleep if i charged 50 to 100 for a mag.this can only be called NUTS. then seeing AR-15s going from 600 a couple weeks ago to 2 grand now? and 223 ammo at 1000 bucks for a 1000 rounds and used brass selling at .45 to .50 a casing? What are we doing to ourselfs? I am starting to believe the world did end on Friday.

20. wsfiredude

wsfiredude Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

I'll help you rest easy. I'll give you $6/each for the GI mags and $10/each for the Pmags...deal????

Engaging in free market economics...that's what we're doing to ourselfs.

Folks have item(s) they wish to sell.
    Folks list item(s) at asking price.
    Other folks buy said items for asking price.

What's the problem?

21. Scari

Scari Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Conspiracy theories? Hell just listen to the libtards they have now confirmed a lot of them.

22. Scari

Scari Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Glad I left town Saturday morning. However, this time some of this fear is warranted they're not going to stop at AR's Puke is going after all or most of what we now possess. As far as AR'S go I wouldn't buy one right now, they said they're not going to grandfather them in this time guess who now has a record of the AR you just overpaid for?

23. NetJunkie

NetJunkie Member

And who, exactly, is "they" that said no grandfathering? Feinstein herself said nothing retroactive. No law bill has even been put forth.

24. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

source?

25. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    Even the gun grabbers in DC know better than to turn a large percentage of otherwise law abiding Americans into felons with the stroke of a pen. That would open a Pandora's box that is best kept closed.

26. demondeacon

demondeacon Member

I agree with you, however, nothing that this regime will do could surprise me.