Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gander Mountain is coming to Gastonia next year. Sports Authority, in Franklin Square, is closing 12/29 and a Gander Mountain is taking it's place. May have to get myself un-retired and get a job... There.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Gander Mountain is coming to Gastonia next year. Sports Authority, in Franklin Square, is closing 12/29 and a Gander Mountain is taking it's place. May have to get myself un-retired and get a job... There.
Looking for the employee discount?

·
Banned
2,584 Posts
Gander is good to have around if you need something ASAP-- "need something for a hunt the next day" kind of fast. But you pay for that convenience. Now, I have got good deals on stuff when its on close-out. Plus it a good place for folks to get you gift cards to, LOL

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I love the new Gander Mountain in Morrisville. It is close to my house and they have a great selection. I can find what I want - then call down to Fuquay Gun and Gold, and have Clay order me the gun I want. Saves me the trouble of taking out a second mortgage to be able to afford Gander's prices. :)

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
They won't match Lawman's prices, or at least they would not match my written quote that was in hand and the gun was in stock in both places (SR1911 when Lawman's Raleigh had them on the shelf). Seemed like $249 price difference was more than they would move. Of course, they could not factor in shipping and FFL as the price quoted was shelf price. They will add in FFL and shipping to an internet price (as they should as that cost is something you would pay in most transactions).

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
And they have layaway. Which I often take advantage of. And I don't think I have ever gone in there looking for something.g and they didn't have it. But like Walmart I have gone in looking for one thing and came out with 7 others. Guess its all what you prefer I like local gun shops but I also like the dig box stores as well.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Nice upgrade! GM > SA. I finally stopped in the Gander in Mooresville this past weekend and MAN it's the nicest big box or gun store I've been in. I was impressed by their selection, but not their prices. Should I ever need something in a pinch, I know I can pay a nice premium and get it there. They even had 10rd Savage MKII (FVSR) mags.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Nice upgrade! GM > SA. I finally stopped in the Gander in Mooresville this past weekend and MAN it's the nicest big box or gun store I've been in. I was impressed by their selection, but not their prices. Should I ever need something in a pinch, I know I can pay a nice premium and get it there. They even had 10rd Savage MKII (FVSR) mags.
I was told the one new one in Winston has over 3000 handguns and 1600 long guns. Now that's a gun store

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
I went to the Winston Salem Gander Mountain yesterday. There were a TON of firearms in there. The pricing on guns was high, as expected, but some of their used stuff was 'normal.' Glocks were about $100 higher than other gun stores. I was suprised that some of the accessories (mags, AR parts) were close to online pricing. Ammo, on the other hand, was INEXCUSABLE. "Cheap" 9mm was 14ish/ box (50) and their 100 rd "value packs" were $39.

Cases of .223 or 7.62 were right at $400 or so.

The store was busy...mid-day on a Tuesday and there were people waiting to be helped. The staff seemed to have a clue, which is great, and everyone was helpful.

Its about what I was expecting, except for the huge number of guns.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.