Carolina Shooters Forum banner

What do you think is the best fit for your needs?

• Tuesday - Wednesday

• Wednesday to Tuesday

• Thursday - Wednesday

• 1 week (7 day rental)

• 2 weeks (14 days rental)

• Fair cost: $50-$100

• Fair cost: $75-$125

• Fair cost:$100-$150

• Fair cost:$125-$175

Would you rent a Armors Kit?

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  chastain11 
#1 ·
So Scott and I where talking about all the people wanting to build a AR rifle. One of the down sides is all the tools you might need to do a full build. So the idea came up that we would buy the Brownell's AR armors kit and rent it with a return label.

Would you rent the kit to build a rifle or pistol?

From Brownells:
The RIGHT way to repair and service the AR-15/M16/M4! These kits contain the tools the gunsmith or armorer needs to perform full maintenance and repairs of these rifles in the field or shop. Each tool is designed to do its job in the simplest, most effective manner to maintain and repair these guns correctly - and save time doing it.

Link to the tool list

See less See more
#5 ·
Before I drop $1500 on something like this I want to see if it has any traction. It might, it might not.

I think it's a cool idea myself BUT I do not need this kit myself.

So lets see how it goes.

#8 ·
It's not a bad idea, but I think the economics won't work out.

The only tools that many would not have would be the barrel wrench, castle nut wrench, (stuff on an AR armorers tool) and vice block.
^ This.

So for the same ballpark rental cost you're considering, a person could buy the AR-specific tools.

The other issue is where would you advertise? On this forum, so many of us have the tools and are willing to help others out that I can't imagine there would be much demand for tool rental when they could borrow a tool for free or get help building their AR in exchange for a 6-pack of beer.

Reactions: joebu
#12 ·
The only tools that many would not have would be the barrel wrench, castle nut wrench, (stuff on an AR armorers tool) and vice block. I don't think I would rent the tools.
This. Hell even if you price in a harbor freight vice...you're still coming in cheaper than what would be a fair price to rent that kit, especially with shipping. Neat idea, but I doubt you'd ever break even.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.