Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Closing Thread. Making new thread and including scope. This one got too long....

Browning SA-22 Take-down ANOTHER PRICE DROP....NOW $450
  • .22lr
  • S/N is xxxxxRR146, with the RR meaning made in 1977
  • Left side writing is "Browning Arms Company Morgan, Utah & Montreal P.Q." and "Made in Japan"
  • Right side writing is "Caliber .22 Long Rifle" and "Browning Patents"
  • Stock retains is awesome glossy finish. Bluing great.
Barrel mounted scope mount included - for a takedown rifle it's the preferable mount type compared to receiver mount versions. Scope is NOT included, but we can talk about adding it at extra cost if I haven't already mounted and sighted it on another rifle by then. (Weaver V3 1-3x20 scope)

Really nice shape. Looked barely used when I got it and I just didn't take it to the range much. Most significant flaw is a mark in wood at end of forend where it meets receiver. So I took a really close up shot of that.

Bill of sale, and must show Drivers license and CHP (to prove OK to buy a gun and sorry if that's overkill for anyone's tastes). FTF in Charlotte area preferred, but will ship directly to you in NC for $25. Really looking to sell, not trade. Let me know if you have any Q's.

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
Wood Shotgun Trigger Line Wood stain
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Wood stain

· Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice rifle...still available.

Please keep in mind that is a $175 scope that's almost new! I'm thinking that maybe people just aren't valuing it into the package, so if not gone at this price ASAP I'll probably pull that scope off and either sell bare or with a different/lower scope.

· Premium Member
990 Posts
I'm not surprised that it hasn't sold. I think I know why. Even though you have a good price on the gun.
You're too strict on your terms. You're asking for a concealed carry permit to purchase a rifle. Like you said yourself that's an overkill. Yes its your gun and your terms that's your right.
If you want to sell this gun you're needing to change your terms to purchase without the CCP.
In my opinion this is why it hasn't sold. Dont expect to sell this gun with being more strict than the Federal Govt. I hope this helps you to understand why your rifle hasn't sold.
Its your gun do what you want.

· Premium Member
8,832 Posts
Wow, never expected this to be so hard to sell. Last try....... anyone want a great little 22 for $450 ?? (no scope)
Several people have tried to explain why the gun isn't moving but you haven't changed the ad one bit. Would it help if the house fell on your head?? That can be arranged.....

· Premium Member
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BB...house falling on head being arranged? ...might be a tad bit overboard.

Anyway, if some of you only want to do deals that are paperless and don't share one iota more info than legally necessary, then I respect that. And if that really is why it seems hard to sell, then so be it. It's worth more to me and my family's financial future to avoid some costly litigation down the road -- no matter how remote the chance -- than the money generated by any one gun sale.

And I think there's a solid group of people on here who understand the Bill of Sale would help me prove I had sold it if it was ever used illegally and somehow linked back thru me. And that showing of a CHP helps me know I'm not selling a firearm to a felon; which otherwise how would I know that as an individual... Trust them to tell me they're not?

Personally I have had zero hesitation showing my CHP to a seller when I've bought long guns and they asked. And have sold others where the buyer had no problem with it. So I really don't think that's the sole answer to why it has been tough finding a buyer.

Heck, we have an active current "ATF doing Stings" thread on here that gravitated to what really is/isn't required for an individual selling a gun, and people can't really agree. I don't want to be the one paying for the lawyers that distinguish the minimum seller requirements for any type of gun whether it ends up I did right or wrong. [And no, please don't start summarizing that here.]

But lesson learned... Don't post rhetorical questions when bumping a thread ;)

· Premium Member
990 Posts
BB...house falling on head being arranged? ...might be a tad bit overboard.

Anyway, if some of you only want to do deals that are paperless and don't share one iota more info than legally necessary, then I respect that. And if that really is why it seems hard to sell, then so be it. It's worth more to me and my family's financial future to avoid some costly litigation down the road -- no matter how remote the chance -- than the money generated by any one gun sale.

And I think there's a solid group of people on here who understand the Bill of Sale would help me prove I had sold it if it was ever used illegally and somehow linked back thru me. And that showing of a CHP helps me know I'm not selling a firearm to a felon; which otherwise how would I know that as an individual... Trust them to tell me they're not?

Personally I have had zero hesitation showing my CHP to a seller when I've bought long guns and they asked. And have sold others where the buyer had no problem with it. So I really don't think that's the sole answer to why it has been tough finding a buyer.

Heck, we have an active current "ATF doing Stings" thread on here that gravitated to what really is/isn't required for an individual selling a gun, and people can't really agree. I don't want to be the one paying for the lawyers that distinguish the minimum seller requirements for any type of gun whether it ends up I did right or wrong. [And no, please don't start summarizing that here.]

But lesson learned... Don't post rhetorical questions when bumping a thread ;)
I understand what you're saying because I fear the same government with thier ABC agencies that infringe on citizens rights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.