Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Green Iron Addict
1,441 Posts
Nope, you got what's needed. it's the bayonet modification. the earlier ones don't have them, I my memory serves me correctly. I can't give you a full value, but there are members on here who can. Maybe useful to change the original topic name to M1 Carbine.

I'd say, rough estimate, you'd probably be able to get about $700 for it, but might be worth more or less. I am by no means an expert, just basing on what I've paid in the past.

·
My Mom says I'm cool.
4,332 Posts
I'm not an expert but the rear sight being the flip up, as well as the barrel band, puts it in the WWII era as opposed to Korean era. all matching Rockola parts would increase the value too. Maybe in the $800 to $900 range.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
YOu would need to see all the inside parts to tell if matching, all parts and wood should be marked.

Now one things that catches me is the wear on the wood but a real clean crisp stamp.
There are a lot of people rebuilding them to the old style and replacing the rear sight and Bayo, adding the band. The thing is a lot of the bands are fake and the rear sights are fake, all the correct markings but faked and real good. Add that to the stamps that are out there and you could have a rebuilt with fake parts.

Now it really depends on what he is selling it for and as.... Under 750 is a fare deal for anything even if a few of the parts are fake, but down the road the value will not go up on it if you do not replace the parts with correct ones...

If he is asking 900-1200 then you need to find out more info, is it faked parts, or is it a try gun... Some are running in the 900-1200 for correct.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If the rear flip sight, and Type 1 barrel band are original and not repro then it is a very, very nice Rockola. You can probably get well over $1200-$1400 in the right circles. I would try the CMP forum for a better price appraisal. I would give you the earlier mentioned $700 anyday.

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
THe thing that bugs me it the rear sight base area looks to be peaned several times like rebuilds or something.
Most the ones that are 100% and with the flip were not peaned at all or only one time. That looked like 2-3 or more areas.
I would also look it over real close for a import mark?
Also looks real nice on the wood for the finish on the metal and barrel. Barrel and Rec do not match finish.
I would look at the witness or timing mark to see if the barrel was replaced. Also look for signs of a Bayo lug being on and removed. You will see the marks one the barrel.
Lots of parts guns being rebuilt to correct, using real and fake parts, not worth the $ of a 100% gun from the arsenal.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
It's real....I don't see any fake parts on it...and it's $1200-ish or so IMHO...maybe more on auction...

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Not worried about the front band at this time.. the rear sight is real..overall condition of the carbine speaks for itself. Even "if" the inside parts don't match the carbine itself has been together in that condition for a LONG time.

"IF" it was a humped up carbine with the intent to deceive it would be on an auction site trying to get the most money for it. There are plenty of original carbines out there like this one. I happen to know where another RMC is that came home after the war in a seabag....100% RMC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.