Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Phantom, I noticed your in Randolph County. I frequent the Game Stop on S. Main in High Point (just north of the county line, in front of wal mart) and they referred me to a guy named Shane (can't recall the last name) for repairs. You might try giving them a call and see if Shane is still their recommended go to guy.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tons of independent shops everywhere now that work on consoles. Google does much better than a shooting forum. Most charge $60 for a reset.
Thanks!

I am well aware of Google and have looked up several repair shops. What I have found is that forums like this allow me to do business with other forum members or with businesses that forum members have used. The technical term is networking.

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
I had an Elite man in 07 just brick on me. It lasted 5 yrs which given their previous track record is pretty good.

I couldnt wait to get it repaired so I picked up one of the slims.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the help.

The latest is that they were using a friends hard drive because of the profile saved on the drive. I suggested switching drives to see if the problem continued or not. So far is has not repeated. He is a college student and it is coming up on exam time so they have limited time to play.

He will be bringing the system home for Christmas break and we will work on it then. I have also learned that the DVD is not opening properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.