Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a CVA .45 Kentucky Kit pistol Saturday at a yard sale for $40 came with lots of extras(balls, patches, powder, 2 Pks caps and lots more). They also had a full stock .32 rifle that I passed on because it looked to be put away without cleaning. I was nice and gave all the extras for the .32 to the owner since they had no idea what went with what. I do regret not taking the .32 molds and the 4F powder could have sold them. Pistol looks to have never been fired.

G

·
It happens. I once got a Dixie Navy kit, built in .36 caliber (never fired) with accessories and flocked wooden case for $40. Sold it for $120 recently.

Sent from my FrankenPad using Tapatalk Pro.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
LOL, I should go to these yard sales and find old beat-up worthless guns and take them to a city run gun buyback.

G

·
I have a friend that has a t-shirt he calls his yard sale shirt. It is black with big white letters "Got Guns?" on it. He doesn't ask for guns. He just looks around and at some point almost all owners ask if he is into or buys guns. He says "yes" and they say "I have some guns in the house I'd like to sell". The guns are generally not on the yard sale table or even part of the sale until they see his shirt. He's bought a lot of guns because of that shirt.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
I have a friend that has a t-shirt he calls his yard sale shirt. It is black with big white letters "Got Guns?" on it. He doesn't ask for guns. He just looks around and at some point almost all owners ask if he is into or buys guns. He says "yes" and they say "I have some guns in the house I'd like to sell". The guns are generally not on the yard sale table or even part of the sale until they see his shirt. He's bought a lot of guns because of that shirt.
I will have a shirt like that shortly. Great idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.