ZOMBIE 3-gun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Carolina Shooters Club

ZOMBIE 3-gun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by John Z Sr., Jan 16, 2011.

1. John Z Sr.

John Z Sr. Registered Member

Word just in, "The Range" in Oxford, NC, home of the best IDPA match in the country, "The Carolina Cup" has just become the first outdoor infected site!!!!!!!!!! To celebrate the doubling of our match locations ( in less than a week), we will start it off the right way, ZOMBIE 3 GUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 29 Jan 2011 at The Range in Oxford, NC , be there!!! Bring your favorite pistol, shotgun and rifle,,,, we will have more than enough Zombies to shoot at. Details will be on our site (link below) very soon. SMZ,SLT (so many Zombies, so little time)

2. Alpha-17

Alpha-17 Active Duty Paratrooper

I will be there. Saturday three gun? Oh, boy.

Now all I need is a shotgun. :laugh:

3. John Z Sr.

I will bring an extra shotgun or 2 along, you are welcome to borrow Alpha-17

4. FlatFender

FlatFender Not Here Anymore. Club Subscribed

I've never shot a 3gun before. All I have in the shotgun dept. is a standard 870 express w/ and 18" barrel. Would this suffice? Do I need a mag extension?

5. John Z Sr.

870 is perfect, I run an 18" Mossburg with front bead only, this is bring what ya got and have fun. You don't need super expensive high tech gear to shoot Zombies, they don't care what you got in your hands, they just want YOUR HANDS !!!! Rules will be up on the site after we eat and clean up, shot the "Fun Match" at The Range in Oxford today and we just got home a little while ago, check the site for rules and details later tonight or tomorrow.

6. FlatFender

SWEEEEET!!! I'm stoked!!!

7. HAGEN

HAGEN Member

ZOMBIE 3 GUN

Hey John
    Sounds like a Ball
    Let us know the Details
    Robin
    :13:

8. John Z Sr.

Hey Robin, check the ZSA site, link below, we are about to put the prelim rules up now, John

9. John Z Sr.

Basic rules are up on ZSA site

10. rick1191

rick1191 Registered Member

Sounds like a good time, wish i was closer.

11. maine0388

maine0388 Registered Member

Would love to come out. Would make the drive if you could host a weekend match. Sounds like a ball keep weekends in mind if at all possible. I have a handfull of people to bring

12. FlatFender

29th is a Saturday...

13. SR_NC

SR_NC Registered Member

John,

Got the pistol and shotgun covered but the only rifles I have are a 30-06 hunting rifle and a Ruger 10/22. Since you said bring what you have, will the 10/22 work?

What are the general distances for rifle and shotgun shots?

Do we need buckshot, birdshot or slugs for zombies?

14. John Z Sr.

The website is down right now for a little while, sorry, but it being improved big time. Please check back later, we are rookies at the web stuff, and plaese bear with us, it will be worth the wait

15. John Z Sr.

Site seems to be working now, sorry for the delay

16. FlatFender

Site looks good!

I ran down to Eagle1 after work and signed up!

17. bwilson25

bwilson25 Registered Member

definately going to check this out

18. John Z Sr.

Our regular matches are on every other Wed night at the indoor range, Eagle !, but the 3 gun, or "ZAG" match (Zombie All Gun) will be on the 29th at our outdoor facility, THe Range, in Oxford, NC, we may add "ZAP" matches (Zombie Action Pistol) to Oxford as well in the near future. Links to both ranges are on our website. Hope to meet you soon

19. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

See now why don't they have fun shoots like this in Oregon? All my guns are located there or else I'd definitely compete!

May just come and spectate, I'll bring the big camera!

20. John Z Sr.

Please bring the camera, and no Sir Mr2000, not all your guns are in Oregon, I have one or 2 in the safe you are welcome to use at the match, we are about ALL of us having good safe fun and meeting new shooters, you come, you will shoot.

21. Mr2000

Mr2000 Registered Member

Well that would be wonderful! I'll take a load of pictures between stages, though someone will have to snap a few of me to keep the lady happy!

22. John Z Sr.

You got it my friend

23. cublazer

cublazer Member

I haven't done a 3-gun match before and was wondering what type of shells would be needed (slugs, birdshot, etc.) and also will we need slings or some type of cart to lug everything around or will the guns be placed throughout the stages?

24. SR_NC

SR_NC Registered Member

In case others are interested - I talked with John and he feels that .22 rifles are prone to jams and jams can take a while to clear. This would slow the match for everyone. (I shot the Ruger Rimfire match and someone in my squad had rifle problems and he it did take 5+ minutes to clear and it did slow the match.)

Regarding .22 pistols, holsters are not readily available so that's a problem.

For these (and perhaps others that he mentioned and I forgot) .22s are excluded from the equipment list.

I guess I'll have to borrow an AR.

25. John Z Sr.

I must make a correction,,,,, after speaking with Frank today, we realized that we are conflicting with a previously scheduled 3 -gun event on the same date in the area. There is also an ICORE match that day at Caswell Ranch, not that many have showed up (every one has a revo, take it out of the safe and shoot it at the ICORE match) so we decided to cancil our match and from now on, we will hold ZAP/ZAG at The Range in Oxford, NC on the 2nd Saturday of every month starting 12 Feb 2011. The first will be ZAG and the March match will be ZAP, don't know what ZAP/ZAG means? Go to the website and check it out !!!!

26. drftman

drftman Member

man sounds like fun. g21 check, amd-65 check, saiga12 check. i have never done this or any shooting match but this seems like it would be fun. is there a cost to enter??

27. csole

csole Registered Member

DPRC runs 3 gun on the second saturday of the month
    January 29 TPC match
    • February 26 TPC match
    • March 12th 3-Gun match
    • April 9th 3-Gun match
    • May 14th 3-Gun match
    • June 11th 3-Gun match
    • July 9th 3-Gun match
    • August 13th 3-Gun match
    • September 10th 3-Gun match
    • October 8th 3-Gun match
    • November 12th 3-Gun match
    • December 10th 3-Gun match

28. Alpha-17

Alpha-17 Active Duty Paratrooper

Damn, was really looking forward to this match. Guess I've got time to find that 1897 Trench Gun and bayonet I've been wanting though, so can't be a total loss.

29. csole

csole Registered Member

"I must make a correction,,,,, after speaking with Frank today, we realized that we are conflicting with a previously scheduled 3 -gun event on the same date in the area. There is also an ICORE match that day at Caswell Ranch, not that many have showed up (every one has a revo, take it out of the safe and shoot it at the ICORE match) so we decided to cancil our match and from now on, we will hold ZAP/ZAG at The Range in Oxford, NC on the 2nd Saturday of every month starting 12 Feb 2011. The first will be ZAG and the March match will be ZAP, don't know what ZAP/ZAG means? Go to the website and check it out !!!

OK so your not going to conflict with our jan match but you are going to conflict with 10 other match dates at DPRC, which have been on the calendar since 2010.....Ok there is no other saturday during the month that the Range has open dates....

30. John Z Sr.

Now I see that I really screwed up. You have the dates, let me work out my mess, never meant to intentionally do this, sincere apologies from me and I'll make it right. I'll get up with Frank in the morning. This is actually a good problem to have, too many places to shoot around the area, but it will work out, now my head hurts again !!!