Zombies in Raleigh | Page 11 | Carolina Shooters Club

Zombies in Raleigh

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by John Z Sr., Jan 6, 2011.

1. FlatFender

FlatFender Not Here Anymore. Club Subscribed

Just pistol. You will need a strong side belt holster, probably 3 mags, and some sort of mag holster.

2. John Z Sr.

John Z Sr. Registered Member

Flatfender is correct as always, really all you need to do at one of our matches is show up with a good safe attitude and allow yourself to have a fun time. Look forward to seeing you.

3. NCLivingBrit

NCLivingBrit Guest

No holster, it's a pocket carry...... Maybe I'll stop in and watch.

4. John Z Sr.

We will set you up with a holster, or start from low ready if we can't find you a holster, we don't say no to anything but unsafe actions. The idea is to shoot and have fun, if you want lots of rules there are other games to shoot.

5. mig1nc

mig1nc Registered Member

Wish I could make it!

6. NCLivingBrit

NCLivingBrit Guest

So what exactly required you to add that in? God forbid someone ask a question in the thread.

Thanks for saving me a 45 minute drive to Eagle 1.

7. knifework

knifework Member

:blink:

8. FlatFender

I think you took Johns comment the completely wrong way. He said that he will let you shoot from low ready, and he is being as accommodating as possible.

Other games (IDPA, USPSA, etc) have a LOT more rules, and would not allow you to shoot from low ready. Again, I think you took what John said the wrong way, he was NOT being condescending. I've known him for a while, thats not him.

Unfortunately, pocket holsters are not safe for pistol games. Even the Pocket Carry pistol game (PCCA) requires a belt holster. There isnt really a safe way to holster a hot pistol into a pocket holster without sweeping part of your body, and muzzle sweeps are frowned upon in every pistol game I have ever played.

9. John Z Sr.

Not sure I get your meaning, "God forbid some one ask a question?" The intent was, you don't need to spend money on gear to have fun, nor do you need to comply with complex rules, be safe and have fun, that's what we do. If you are looking for more complex rules, yes USPSA and IDPA both exist, I shoot, officiate and love both sports, this is a way for a newer shooter to get experience to move on to the other games. Sorry that you don't want to join us, we will be having a good time, all the best, John

10. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I should be there tomorrow, I'm a newbie so I apologize in advance if I ask too many questions. I just don't want to make an ass of myself (which I've been known to do in the past, not firearms related though) if I can help it.

One question for now is, how much ammo should I bring, will 200 rnds be enough?

FlatFender filled me in on most everything required but for the life of me I can't remember how much ammo he said to bring.

11. FlatFender

200 will be more than enough.

12. John Z Sr.

Flatfender is one of our great assets, he has been to all our matches and is great help to all, thank you for that. You will not make a fool of yourself, we have a great time and as the guy who invented this game, I think I have the most procedural penalties so far, talk about being a fool ! Look forward to meeting you

13. FlatFender

Wish I could make it tomorrow, got some things that need to get done unfortunately...

14. John Z Sr.

No problem, see you at the next ZAG 3 gun

15. John Z Sr.

Only a few hours 'till match time, might do some pick up guns stuff tonight, everyone seems to enjoy that

16. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

I would rather pick up chicks, but I suppose you can entice me to pick up guns! :)

17. John Z Sr.

Guns are less trouble

18. SlayerNut

I really had a lot of fun tonight. I hope I can make the next one. It was fun shooting and meeting other shooting enthusiasts.

PS: I think I left my camera along with a pack of smokes on the table by the range door, I'll swing in there tomorrow and pick it up.

19. John Z Sr.

Give Eagle 1 a call as soon as they open, if you left it, they will have it for you, glad you had a good time.

20. dreamer

dreamer Registered Member

I attended my first ZSA match this weekend (9 July) and it was a blast. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is thinking about getting into "practical shooting competitions" but is a little intimidated by the rules and attitude that sometimes come with USPSA, IPSC or more "formal" organizations.

This is a fun way to shoot USPSA-style matches, without all the nit-picky rules and restrictions on equipment. I'm an experienced USPSA/IPSC shooter, and I found the people at the ZSA match to be cordial, the rules easy to understand, the scoring straightforward and simple, and had a great time.

My only complaint was that we didn't have time for a 3rd stage, and the crowd was so big that it took a long time to shoot just two stages, and because it's at an indoor range, there isn't much movement. Being a USPSA shooter, I am accustomed to a LOT more running around, and these matches are a little "claustrophobic" by comparison.

However, uf you are a USPSA shooter, the ZSA matches are REALLY fun.

And if you are new to "practical shooting", you will have a TON of fun. There isn't all the pressure and competitive attitude that you sometimes feel at the more formal matches, and being indoors, we didn't have to worry about the heat, or rain, or bugs, dropping your mags in the sand, or uneven ground.

Get to these matches folks--they are a load of fun...

21. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

Dreamer,

Glad you enjoyed the match, feedback like this is just what we like to hear. I hope your drive was worth the trip!

We usually do have a third stage, but we had a lot of new shooters shooting the match for the first time. This isn't always the case, and the third stage is usually a hosefest requiring around 45-50 rounds.

It was great meeting you and hope you can make it to some of our other matches, including a three gun match. 6-8 Stages of outdoor, all out fun!

22. John Z Sr.

For those of you that have earned your "555 Kills" shirts, they are in and we will have them at the match tomorrow for you at SVDFI. This will be a GREAT match, Mike said around 200 kills available !!! Check the website for your current kills on the "Body Count" page

23. John Z Sr.

For those of you that missed yesterday's match at SVDFI, you missed a HUGE match. 9 stages of 3 gun, over 181 kills available and combined close to 400 rounds. Yes the match was long, but you got WAY more than your money's worth at this one, thanks Mike "OB" for a great time

24. John Z Sr.

Off to "The Range" to set up tomorrow's ZSA ZAG 3 gun match. I will keep the heat in mind and use all shade that is available when I set up stages. I will also try to give you as fun a match as possible while keeping you in the sun for as little as possible. Hope to see some new faces !!

25. John Z Sr.

Stage descriptions and round counts for tomorrow's match are posted on our website for those that are interested

26. John Z Sr.

Will pass the 100,000 hit mark on website today !!! Not bad for a crazy idea only a few short months ago. Thanks for all our friends we've made and all the support for ZSA, Mel and I are very appreciative of each and everyone of you !

27. NCLivingBrit

NCLivingBrit Guest

28. SlayerNut

29. John Z Sr.

Thanks guys, we may be able to afford one or 2 in the future, would be a great addition to a match !!

30. John Z Sr.

And yes, I did see the resemblance to the current squatter chillin' on Pa Ave. in the People's republic of DC