Zombies in Raleigh | Page 12 | Carolina Shooters Club

Zombies in Raleigh

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by John Z Sr., Jan 6, 2011.

1. NCLivingBrit

NCLivingBrit Guest

I wonder if your current crop of zombie hunters would consider that a good thing or a bad thing?

;)

2. John Z Sr.

John Z Sr. Registered Member

We are about good safe competitive fun, and try to leave politics out of it. Plenty of other parts of the forum to talk about the current leadership, or lack thereof, so at ZSA matches we just try to have fun while being safe and meeting new friends.

3. Polycoat

Polycoat Registered Member

+1

I would love to shoot one of those bleeding zombie targets during a match. It would be awesome!

4. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

JohnZSr, I have an affiliate account with them if they don't get back to you.

5. John Z Sr.

Thanks my friend, we have been getting feedback from all around the industry

6. John Z Sr.

Eagle 1 has just done alot of work to improve the air flow and lighting on the range. Saturday's match will be fun, hope to see more new faces !!

7. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

Thinking about trying this for the first time....

I was considering using my bone stock glock 17.... Are most folks using open eights for these or optics?

8. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

Bring what you have, I suggest 4 mags though. And yes, most use iron sights for ZSA matches.

9. Dragon21

Dragon21 Registered Member

Took a friend shooting there today, didn't sweat a drop and had light on my Target at all distances. Wish I didn't have to work this weekend. Need a motivation boost after last weekend. John, you guessed right about why I'm shooting low. U the man!

10. FNG

Hmfp... 4 mags? Damn- that's a lot of rounds for a stage (17*4). I have plenty o mags, but I don't have carriers for for 4 at a time... Guess I'd need another double mag holder...

Btw- waiting to find a glock34 4th gen - no one seems to have them.. I suspect that will make a decent zombie gun once I find one.

11. John Z Sr.

There will not be a stage that needs more than what your Glock will hold with 2 mags, but mant shooters like to reload between target arrays, hence the advice for extra mags. If you need some, I'm sure there will be some for you to borrow at the match. we all help each other out, that is part of what we do.

12. John Z Sr.

I'm only half way done with the lighting, only 24 hours in the day, and I used 24 1/2 of them to get all those up. More will be added soon. The goal is perfect lighting at all distances for the shooters, and a few more fans are going in to create a nice cooling breeze on these 100 degree days !!!

13. FNG

Ah- perfect. I think i have a dozen g17 mags- I was worried because I misunderstood that you need 4 on your person for a stage!

The competitive stuff is new to me.... Just started shooting the Ruger matches- and had a blast. Your Zombie events look like another "soft entry" into more competitive shooting.... Plus a helluva lotta fun.... Something to hold me over till the next season of Walking Dead returns :)

So, for minimal beginner gear;
    Idpa-type holster
    Double mag carrier
    Combat pistol

? That it?

14. John Z Sr.

Yup, that's what you need. We are geared to getting the newer shooter SAFELY into competitive shooting.

15. lockmup68

lockmup68 Registered Member

Air AND Lighting at Eagle1? The world ending too?

Trying to make it, been too long and I'm finally in town.

16. micachu

micachu Registered Member

I had a blast at my first ZSA event last night John. I really enjoyed the fact that there was no one standing behind the shooters talking crap and analyzing every little move and mistake made. Great fun and good people.

17. John Z Sr.

Glad you had fun and joined us. Hope to see you try some Zombie 3-gun !!!

18. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Missed last night, but totally planning on coming ASAP. Got me a decent high cap pistol I can run it with, now just to work on getting a shotgun/rifle so I can do the three gun.

19. micachu

micachu Registered Member

I'm planning on hitting a 3 gun match once my shoulder gets better. Wife has nixed any activity with a 12 gage until then though.

20. John Z Sr.

Do what wife and Doc say, get the shoulder ready, the Zombies will wait

21. John Z Sr.

ZSA 3 gun at SVDFI this Saturday and ZSA 3 gun at The Range in Oxford, next Saturday

22. John Z Sr.

Thanks for Saturday's match at SVDFI Mike, we will have another 3 gun Zombie fest at the Range this Saturday, hope to see you there.

23. John Z Sr.

Might work on a wedding match stage or 2

24. John Z Sr.

This just in,,,,, new location to shoot ZSA matches in Burlington area,,,, details to follow

25. John Z Sr.

Due to the storm on it's way, the regular ZSA 3 gun match for this Saturday at The Range in Oxford, has been moved to Sunday the 28th. We will start shooting at 11:00 AM instead of 10:00 AM as it's on a Sunday, please pass the word, thanks, John

26. Polycoat

Polycoat Registered Member

I heard there is a growing number of zombie sightings and attacks in the Burlington area. I'll start loading now.

27. John Z Sr.

We are set for Saturday the 17th of Sep for the first ZSA match at the new range, will have more details soon. This will be FIRST event at a new range and this place is WAY COOL

28. FNG

3-gun gear question:

Shotgun:
    Are these COF saiga-friendly? Or more accurately, are they not overly anti-saiga? :)
    Reason I ask is I've seen some shotgun competitions that went out of their way to sabotage folks using those evil, ugly saiga shotguns...

I'm good on rifle and pistol, but the only shotguns I have are a saiga, a savage24 (20ga/.22lr) and a mossy500.... Just trying to figure out what will work.

29. John Z Sr.

I keep all shotgun parts of the match between 6-12 rounds of shotgun. All birdshot to knock down plates at 10-15 yards. Less than 50 rounds of shotgun for the match, this keeps it cheap enough to get by with 2 boxes of Wally World shells. Folks have used EVERY type of shotgun so far, this is what keeps it fun, compete heavy if you want with the SAIGA or grab a side by side and have fun, all I ask is that you are safe. Hope that helps, John

30. John Z Sr.

Stage details with round counts are up on the website for Sunday's ZSA 3 gun match at The Range in Oxford, NC.