Zombies in Raleigh | Page 13 | Carolina Shooters Club

Zombies in Raleigh

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by John Z Sr., Jan 6, 2011.

1. John Z Sr.

John Z Sr. Registered Member

A timer must have gotten into someone's bag by mistake yesterday at The Range. Mark and Jody's squad's box came back in short the timer. I'm sure someone put it in his/her bag by mistake. if you have it, please let me know, other wise I will have to get Frank a new one, thanks guys.

2. John Z Sr.

No ZSA this weekend, but fret not my friends, USPSA tomorrow at Sir Walter, and IDPA at The Range in Oxford on Sunday

3. micachu

micachu Registered Member

Looks like I won't be able to make any more ZSA matches for a while, I just checked the calendar on the site and I'm working every weekend there's a match planned.

4. John Z Sr.

Bummer, at least you have work, so today that is a good thing !!! See ya when your schedule permits, make lots of money, nobama wants it from you !!

5. micachu

I am most definitely glad to have a job considering the employment market right now. If it wasn't for having to use 70+ hours of vacation/sick time for shoulder problems, I'd take a Saturday off once a month and come. Life has it's way of doing mean stuff to use sometimes though.

6. John Z Sr.

Zombies have been spotted in the Burlington, NC area, fear not oh fellow humans, Mel and I are going tomorrow to get the details in place for our NEWEST range to shoot Zombies !!! The first grand opening match will be Saturday the 17th of Septmber, and it will be a ZSA 3 gun match. Stages and round counts to be decided tomorrow and we will get more info up then, stay tuned,,,,

7. John Z Sr.

Just got back, way freakin' cool range!!!! As things get completed we will be able to drop Zombies at 1,000 yards (for those of you in public school, that's really really far)(( range rules requires rating to use long distance)) . The grand opening event for the public to see this new facility is less than 2 weeks away !!! Saturday 17 September 2011 will be the first event, and we are honored to have been asked to host a ZSA 3 gun match for them. Call to all ZSA shooters to come out in force to enjoy a match at a great new facility. Working on stages now and will post more info soon, stay tuned,,,,

8. brymb5

brymb5 Registered Member

Perhaps it would be useful to post the name and location of the new range. Maybe.

9. John Z Sr.

Will do smart guy
    That's where the stay tuned comes in, waiting on FD to assign the street number

10. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

Is this a new range for ZSa or literally a new range???

Im hoping for the later- been striking out in my quest for a rifle range near Raleigh...

11. John Z Sr.

Both my friend. It's called Central Carolina Gun Club. We were there today to finalize the details for the match on 17 September. That will be the first time the general public will get a chance to see the range. Having been there twice now, all I can say is that when fully completed, it will be one of the best on the East Coast. Will have more info up as we get it. I did just finish the 7 stages and the side match, and as soon as we have them on the computer, we will post for everyone to get an idea of the stages and round counts. Thanks for your interest. as soon as we have a definative address, we will post it for all.

12. micachu

Zombies in Burlington is AWESOME news John.

13. John Z Sr.

Glad we got one closer for you to shoot. Burlington is way closer for you and all the fine folks in the center and western parts of our Great State. As of right now, they do not have a website up, so we will try to help out and post what we can as the info becomes available to us. Keep checking back, as we will get info out as we get it.

14. FNG

Wow- thats awesome...

My first zombie match was going to be on 9/10.... I hope that's still ON.... wife and kids gone for the weekend- so planning to shoot, eat and drink all weekend (in that order).

I have to be back in Raleigh by 1:30PM on the 17th though, so likely will miss the new club- but Im so dying to find a place to shoot, I may come and shoot a stage or 2 or 3 just to see the place (if thats allowed).

15. John Z Sr.

Yes 9/10 is still on. If you get to Burlington on the 17th, you can shoot most of the stages and be out by noonish to be back in Raleigh by 1:30. Shoot the classifier side match (48 pistol rounds) and a regular stage or 2 or 3 or 4 nad still have a great time and be home early

16. micachu

I can't commit to the 9/17 match right now since my surgery hasn't been scheduled as of yet, but if it's after the 17th I definitely plan on being there.

17. Zort86

Zort86 Registered Member

Hey John, so what is the deal with this new range? Are they going to start holding regular ZSA matches?

18. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

Just so everyone is aware, John Z Sr has been banned for life on this forum for making a comment that wasn't well received by some. There will likely be no more updates for the Zombie Shooters Association on the forum unless someone else takes the lead.

ZSA is still alive and kicking in the Raleigh area. If you need the URL to their website, shoot me a PM.

19. Polycoat

Polycoat Registered Member

That's too bad about John Z. Sr.

I'm in for the match tomorrow night. Looking forward to it!

20. Zort86

Zort86 Registered Member

Thanks Glockster35, that is right John has been banned. It is very upsetting that some one would be banned from a Second Amendment site for exercising their first Amendment rights. Honestly if people were offended by his comments, especially on the 10th anniversary of 9/11/01, maybe they need to take a look at them selves and what side they really are on. OK, I can see that the emotion expressed could have been expressed a bit differently but banning for life is a bit harsh in anyone's book, and if you think that I am being a bit hard or emotional about it you may be right, for a person who should have been 2 blocks away from the World Trade Center in NYC when the first plane hit, I experienced that day from the NJ side as I watched the second plane make it's run down the Hudson and in to the building from Hoboken, NJ.

So does that event make me angry, yes it does, Does it make me happy that the master mind behind the attack brought to justice, Hell yes it does, the only thing I wish was I was there with the SEALs when they hunted him down. But I digress, and the one thing we all have to remember is they are called terrorist because they install fear and terrorize the public, but I will not be fear full, I am a proud law abiding armed American and I would be proud defending my freedoms and this great country whether it is overseas in the sandbox or on the internet, and every day we get up without fear, and in control of our safety and freedoms we all win, even if it is just a little at a time

21. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I should be there tomorrow night, I'll be wearing a Navy blue CSF shirt if I'm there.

22. Stillwater

Stillwater Registered Member

23. Zort86

Zort86 Registered Member

SlayerNut, it will be great to have you at the match, I will be there, probably helping out running squads, I will be one with a light blue ZSA 555 club shirt with a 1911, there will not be many there. :)

24. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Sounds good. I should be there by 5 to register. 100 rnds should be enough right? Last time I think I shot 64 give or take a few.

25. Zort86

Zort86 Registered Member

Sounds good, I should be there about the same time. Yeah 100 would be good enough, normally it about 50-75 give or take a few.

26. colsan3333@yahoo.com

[email protected] Registered Member

I was thinking about going to one of these matches.
    If i brought my 1911 how many Mags should I bring considering my 1911 is a single stack, an i have all 8rd mags.

27. Zort86

Zort86 Registered Member

Well lets put it this way, last month stage 3 was a 39 round stage, so I had 5 mags on me which is 40 rounds, so I would plan on bringing at least 5 mags with you. If you are a bit short on mags, there are always some one there who wold let you borrow a few, plus the last time I was at Eagle One hey had a few Chip McCormic single stake mags in stock.

28. FNG

Halloween.... I cant wait!

It better be a REAL season.... not one of these 11 episode teasers!

29. colsan3333@yahoo.com

[email protected] Registered Member

Good, I've got 7 on hand so i should be good.

30. papasmurf

papasmurf Registered Member