Zombies in Raleigh | Page 14 | Carolina Shooters Club

Zombies in Raleigh

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by John Z Sr., Jan 6, 2011.

1. Shootingirons45

Shootingirons45 Registered Member

Pretty sad when a man is banned for fear of offending those that would gladly kill us all, that do deny basic liberties where their "religon" is practiced, that can say all manners of hateful things about others not of their "religon" and yet one, small word we all use is deemed to be out of line. I reckon big brother has infiltrated even a pro 2nd amendment forum. Methinks something else had to be the cause of his being banned.

2. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

Coming tonight for my first match....I read through the website and had just one question:

Is a cover garment required?

Also - how long do the match usually run?

3. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I had fun tonight, I shot both stages pretty early so I was a spectator after that but still had fun BS'n with everyone.
    Zort86, it was nice meeting you, it's cool to put a face with an internet username lol. I'm still debating on going to Oxford tomorrow, never shot IDPA before, just don't want to make a fool of myself. John told me if I show up he'd put me on his squad, so he could help me get acclimated to the rules and layout.

4. Polycoat

Polycoat Registered Member

SlayerNut,

I've shot one IDPA match at Oxford. John Z. Sr. also had me on his squad. It helped to have his mentoring. I didn't do very well, regardless, the more experienced people were very supportive and encouraging. I plan to shoot more matches when my schedule permits. So, if my experience is any guide, you won't be making a fool of yourself. The IDPA folks at The Range, as far as I can tell, what to be encouraging to people new to IDPA.

I was also at the ZSA match last night. I had fun. I hope to be able to meet you in person next time we are at a ZSA match.

5. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Polycoat, I did go to the IDPA match today, John and Zort86 were a huge help as were the RO's in helping me not screw up lol. I didn't do all that well but not terribly bad for my first time. I had a lot of fun none the less. Last night at the ZSA shoot I was the only one with a CSF shirt on (Navy blue). I should be able to make the next ZSA shoot and the next 2 IDPA matches. Looking forward to meeting some more CSF'ers. Hope to see you there.

6. fuzzy_dba

fuzzy_dba Registered Member

Is this a 3-gun or handgun?

The title says it; I think?

Is this weekends zombie shoot a pistol only or is it a 3-gun match?

I'd like to get my 19 year old involved too, but really don't want to feel stupid!

Can we do it with good old 1911's and 4-5 mags?
    Are AR's needed too?
    What about the trusty 870's??

How much ammo do I need to load (fast!)

Thanks!

7. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

Head over to http://www.zombieshootersassociation.com for the calendar of events.

If it is three gun, you can use any safe pistol, safe rifle and safe shotgun.

If you have a 1911 with 4-5 mags, you should be good. An AR is the usual rifle, but some use 10-22's or other rifles. And any shotgun will work.

Check the website or the ZSA facebook page for round counts. I am not shooting this one, otherwise I could tell you specifics.

8. fuzzy_dba

Thanks for the update. AR & 1911 we're in good shape on. Shotguns... well I'll pull the plugs out andc see what we'll do!

9. colsan3333@yahoo.com

[email protected] Registered Member

For new shooters at this three gun match, will there be weapons for rent like the matches at Eagle 1.

10. fuzzy_dba

I have an AR that I've only laser-sighted in so far. Will there be a chance to fully sight it in at 100m or would it be better to try to rent one?
    Thanks, Terry

11. Zort86

Zort86 Registered Member

Hey guy's, We all had a great time at Eagle One with the ZSA match and the IDPA match went great as always.

SlayerNut, it was great meeting you as well, it is nice to actually meet people form these forums and to make a new friend. You did pretty good for your first IDPA match.

This weekend the ZSA crew is breaking in a new range out by the Burlington area, the range is not officially open yet as far as I know, and this will be their opening match. They are going to have a 3 gun match and I know John has been working frantically building stands and writing up stages so it looks like it will be a good one. Remember if you want to go head out you do not have to shoot all 3 guns, you can shoot pistol only or they have a Rifle/ pistol division.

If you liked the ZSA match and the IDPA, this Sunday in Oxford is their Fun Match, it is IDPA scoring with USPSA/ ZSA type rules. It is really a good match if you can make it.

I unfoutunitly will not be out this weekend, I will be attending a NRA class all weekend, but I will be out at the ZSA 3 gun match and IDPA match next weekend 9/24-25, breaking in a new pistol and getting everything squared away for the USPSA NC Section the following weekend at Sir Walter.
    Hope to see everyone out.

The ZSA infection is spreading, there will be a big announcement in the next few weeks on a big ZSA 3 gun match. I will let everyone know once I hear more about it.

If you guys need any equipment, I had a holster made by Zombie Tactical Outfitter for my EAA Witness that I used for the first time a few weeks ago and it worked flawlessly, If you need anything made for a odd gun, or you just can not find something you like they will make you one to your specs, and I would highly recommend them, also I will be sporting a ZTO holster and speed loader pouches for my S&W 28 at the Wedding match in Oct.

12. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

What do they do in case of rain for these events?

13. Glockster35

Glockster35 Registered Member

Zombies aren't afraid of a little rain. Not sure what the new range has for cover, so plan accordingly.